Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.8

639 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Credit Risk Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Fairly casual interview, more of a conversation than a structured, formal interview. Centered around fairly standard behavior questions, as well as in-depth questions on current position and employer, as well as previous relevant experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be your biggest challenge if hired   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Just one interview with 2 employees. They came to the campus were we met in an office to start the interview process. It took around 30 minutes to complete the interview. They reached out one week later that they already had chosen another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume. Also about the market and what do I think about the current situation. And about a specific stock   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a phone interview with a couple of people. Interviews had some technical questions and some questions based on your resume. Technical ones were not very difficult.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through my network of former colleagues. I was emailed directly from the hiring manager and went in to interview with the team. I have been following up with the manager directly with little contact from HR.

Summer Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was two rounds, with a Skype interview on campus for the first round. Questions were fairly straightforward, with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The second round was at the company headquarters in New York. Scotia bank offered to reimburse me for the second round, but I contacted the recruiter several times and it's been over a year and I still have yet to get any reimbursement for my flight and hotel stay. Poor communication and lack of professionalism on HR's part.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

just brief 30 mins interview, which combined tech and behavior. he just wanted me to ask more questions to him. i asked five and cannot think of anymore

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back great interview. Mainly fit and behavioral questions. Really nice people and a great place to work at. Easy interview process in general and got it through On Campus Recruiting.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The managers were engaging in terms of having a conversation with me about where I'm headed in my career. They were new to the firm and feeling out the landscape for themselves as well but very open individuals in terms of discussing what issues they have and how I may be part of the solution.

Risks Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I went to their on campus hiring event and applied online through our university website. I got an interview from the human resource. The first round was with human resource, and the second round was with two managers from related groups. Both the interviewers were very friendly and professional. Typical questions related to risk management and finance. It didn't take very long. I think it took us 30 to 40 minutes.