Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

Equity Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I thought interview went well but I found two weeks later I wash't selected. It really wasn't to bad. Many of the questions were general. MD who interviewed me did ask some technical questions about the market and wanted to see if I had a basic understanding of CAPM...

Interview Questions

• 1st round = A lot of behavioral..A couple of market based questions but nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Interview

The position was pretty much given to me. I didn't have to interview.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions, being that I wasn't interviewed.   Answer Question

Interview

Two rounds of in person interviews. Interview will call to schedule first round with HR. Regular behavioral questions. Second round with hiring managers - must have an understanding of financial analysis and credit risk. Familiarity with ratio analysis too.

Interview Questions

• What ratio is most important when looking at a commercial client's credit risk?   Answer Question

Human Resources Did Not Know Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a bit unorganized, the interviewer was unprepared to meet me. I had to meet with 4 individuals, therefore the interviewing process was lengthy. It is good to read the corporations background and history.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? Someone of trust referred me to Scotiabank.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview.
    On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team.
    There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem.
    The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating.

The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

Interview Questions

Interview

Easy, Went into retail bank gave my resume.
    -Talked to the managing parter told him why they should hire me
    -Recieved a phone call back the next day
    -SEt up an interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had an overload of work and how did you prioritize?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

There were several steps involved in the interview process. First had a virtual interview, then and interview with HR, then an online customer service simulation. The interview questions were mostly behavioural questions.

Associate Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

There was an invite only meet and greet session one day, then a few weeks later there was a "superday." Superday involved numerous group activities where they were really trying to see how you prioritized things, what your values were, and how you worked with others. The final round was a 3 on 1 one hour interview. Overall a very enjoyable experience, and the recruiters were fantastic in guiding us through the process.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

My interview was basically working there for 1 year on behalf of an agency on a temp basis, proved myself and was hired and was there for a long time until I wasn't there anymore.

Treasury Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Went in for one interview with HR. Pretty basic questions on education and other work experience. Then had a second interview with management. The second interview consisted mostly of fit questions.