Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Interview

Two rounds of in person interviews. Interview will call to schedule first round with HR. Regular behavioral questions. Second round with hiring managers - must have an understanding of financial analysis and credit risk. Familiarity with ratio analysis too.

Interview Questions

• What ratio is most important when looking at a commercial client's credit risk?   Answer Question

Human Resources Did Not Know Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a bit unorganized, the interviewer was unprepared to meet me. I had to meet with 4 individuals, therefore the interviewing process was lengthy. It is good to read the corporations background and history.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? Someone of trust referred me to Scotiabank.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview.
    On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team.
    There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem.
    The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating.

The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone interview followed by an in person interview with the local manager and a manager from Nova Scotia. The phone interview included the typical behavioral questions and was really comfortable. The in person interview was also really comfortable, but longer and went more in depth to behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you were coached, how was that experience for you?   Answer Question

Customer Representative Scotiabank Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Video interview, recorded some questions. then in the afternoon, the phone interview, it was last 40 minutes, they sent me a link to do the online assessment. I waited for 5 days, then i got a call from HR, I got the job.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2017.

Interview

There was a one-on-one interview for a duration of 40 minutes asking behavioral questions. When the individual interviews were finished, there was a group activity including the others who were invited to the panel. It involved us working together to present the topic that was chosen by the employee's and afterwards, we had a mock telephone conversation based on the scenario of that subject.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

pre-screen interview ask about basic information go through resume about 40 mins, behavioral interview 5 questions about 40 mins and then after around two weeks go to branch, two branch manager face to face interview, include general question situational question and behavioral question right now waiting for results

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me about yourself 2. what did you know about Scotia 3. see u in five years 4. go and beyond cx expectation 5. how to achieved sales target give example 6. how to explain hard concept to cx 7. how to deliver bad news to cx 8. cannot come in office hours 9. how to do when manager have different ideas 9. how to improve sales 10 what do you prepare for this interview   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online on their website. Got an email inviting me to take a video interview a few days later. I did not pass that stage so I never got the chance to do a proper interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about myself, how much I would like to be paid, if I ever had a difficult customer and how I handled the situation couple of other questions which i found on this site unfortunately AFTER my own interview. It was my first video interview ever so it was an awkward experience for me and I totally missed out answering one of the questions since I could not go back to answers i had missed.   1 Answer

Confirmations Officer Interview

Interview

I am transitioning from front office to back office due to unexpected circumstances. Interviewers (Back Office managers) were extremely incompetent. They had no knowledge of front office or middle office work. Apart from being ignorant, they were very rude and unprofessional. I would like the HR of Scotia to contact me. I don't know how to file a complaint against rude interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Stupid questions copied from different websites.   1 Answer

Interview

Basic behavioural questions, 1 round of interviews. The questions are very standard, and I think they were generally looking for your energy and ability to communicate with the interview clearly. I was interviewed by the manager and it lasted around 20min.

Some of the questions were:

How do you manage multiple tasks at a time?
    Tell me about how you dealt with a conflict