Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Phone interview, relatively easy. Interview was with manager you'd be working with. Questions were mostly behavioral, nothing super surprising. Whole process from interview to offer took maybe a week.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

phone call to review experience and standard behavioural based questions, two interviews, once with hiring manager/panel interview and once with branch manager/assistant manager you will work directly for

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on your strengths and weaknesses and how they will help and hinder your performance in sales   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I applied online and they replied within 2 weeks which was surprisingly fast compared to any other banks. The 1rst interview I got was A video that you had to record online with a website they give you. It was easy. After a week, I got another reply saying that I got accepted for my 2nd interview with the HR online webcam wise. I did it, and I never gotten a reply yet and its gonna be a month soon. The HR said whether its positive reply or negative reply, I would get an answer, but I haven't get anything which is pretty sad.

Interview Questions

• Why scotiabank?
      How would you explain a customer to use online banking?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Standard interview questions were asked, nothing too difficult. Interview was done over the phone, recruiter was very friendly. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Recruiter was genuine. Overall an enjoyable experience.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment, and was contacted for an interview via email. We set up a time for skype interview. Did not get the offer, and they let me know many weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between generalized linear model and general linear model?   Answer Question
    • Given a parameter you would like to optimize the function. What is the first thing you want to do   Answer Question

Manager, Pricing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The whole interview took an hour, and it is between the senior manger and me. The interview primary focus on the technical side of the job. Since the position focus on how to segment the existing customer and whether approval the mortgage or not, hence the interview don't have too much behaviour questions.

And the senior manager is really nice, and she can explain the question really clear.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you reduce the dataset for clustering analyzing?
      Q: What is the general approach for k-mean cluster algorithm?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Web first round interview. Spend about 40 minutes. 8 questions. After applied online, the candidates supposed to received a confirmation email. About one week later, I received the email inform me to take web interview for the first round. If pass, HR will call the candidates to take the second round interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in June 2017.

Interview

A 10-15 minute interview call, where he asked some basic questions about how you would react in a situation and such. Then I received an e-mail to complete an online assessment which concluded a personal multiple-choice questionnaire and then a simulation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you came across an upset client? How would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview about 15 mins. There would be three interviews, the first round is HR ask some general questions and talk about what's gonna be in the job. This job is the combination of programming and data analysis, which is required very strong programming skills and also math skills. The HR would talk about the interview process and also the job description.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a face-to-face interview and then followup from human resources. I was surprised how quickly the interview went by. Not even 15 minutes. The worst part was dealing with HR and the company that does verifications for them. Very unorganized and unprofessional I found. I ended up declining the offer because of the terrible experiences I had just trying to get the job.

Interview Questions

The process of which they do background checks is flawed. I had multiple emails from the company that does the checks. The HR department seemed very unorganized. (I had multiple phone calls and emails from them) The entire process was annoying to be honest.