Scotiabank Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The 1st round is technical test, which take 2 hours. The 2nd round is interview with hiring team. The team director is nice and friendly, question about your previous work experience, open technical question and behaviour question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Questionnairre, Phone Interview, Branch Interview. This particular job was stationed in Calgary Alberta, I live in Winnipeg. I did the majority of the interviewing over the phone and then had one interview at a local branch. The first phone interview was all behavioural type quesitons. I advise first describing the situation, then stating your decision and following up with the outcome of that decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you led a team and failed? Tell me about a time you made a bad decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with 2 people on the team during separate times. The offer came 2 weeks after that and I started 2 weeks later. Once I began, there was no clear on boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you can a conflict with a co-worker - how did you work through it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

First there was the application process, then there was the trimetrix evaluation then interview was the process I had to go through. It took several weeks to go through the entire process.

Interview Questions

• 3 -6 month plan for the position   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Behavior and technical. No HR interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was quite typical. Very basic behavioural and situational questions, followed by an in-person meeting with the Hiring Manager.The hiring manager just wanted to know more about my experience and thoughts on the projects at hand. He didn't follow a traditional script. I thought the interview was quite easy, but at the same time, I obviously didn't know what to expect since I had prepared for a traditional interview and was faced with an open discussion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Scotiabank?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Submit application online. Then call for a one on one interview. First interview with the hiring manager, the next interview is with the VP. Then get a call from HR a few weeks after the interview on an offer.

Interview Questions

• questions are not as difficult as other banks. very generic like describe your current role and yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by face to face, case study where I had to look at financial statements of a company and give recommendation on how much exposure and types of financial products to offer. After that I was called in on a final interview with the VP

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

It is very simple. Classic questions, but according my experience, there is too much subjectivity. But the process is very long, because Scotiabank employees and management has very complex proces

Interview Questions

• BFI questions: Tell us about the most challenging assignment that you managed in the past year and what did you meet this challenge.
      Give us an example of a situation where you had to handle a project or an assignment that had multiple facets and explain how you approached it
      Tell us about a time when you had to accomplish something that had a tight deadline and required you to accomplish many thing at once.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

I had a telephonic interview with the HR. Then there was an interview with the Director and a VP for about an hour. Then the process took a turn in the third round when there was a panel of 5 SVPs and a director who interviewed me for 45 Minutes. and a rotating interview with 3 Senior managers continued outside the panel room where the rest of the 3 candidates were being interviewed. The interview with the 3 Sr. Managers were for an hour each and they probed and tested every little detail on the resume and then cross verified with the others. But at no point did it feel uncomfortable as they were very nice. After I cleared this round, I had another 1:1 with their Senior Most SVP where she wanted to make sure that I would stay around with the bank and not leave after an year or so.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the Euro crisis and how do you think it will impact the world? What should be the steps the bank should take to mitigate the risk?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated upwards to 25% more than the original offer and some extra benefits and finally signed the contract after 36 days from the first telephonic call! Banks usually do not negotiate this hard but I had 3 competing offers and I guess they really liked me. I would suggest that someone review the salary market and play on their strengths. Also, please be very honest in your expectations because everyone in the process is very intelligent, otherwise they would not be sitting across the table from you.