Scotiabank Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with 4 Directors during my first interview, it was a little much for a 1st round. 2nd round was with a VP and final round with my direct boss. All in all it took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The 1st round is technical test, which take 2 hours. The 2nd round is interview with hiring team. The team director is nice and friendly, question about your previous work experience, open technical question and behaviour question.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Questionnairre, Phone Interview, Branch Interview. This particular job was stationed in Calgary Alberta, I live in Winnipeg. I did the majority of the interviewing over the phone and then had one interview at a local branch. The first phone interview was all behavioural type quesitons. I advise first describing the situation, then stating your decision and following up with the outcome of that decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you led a team and failed? Tell me about a time you made a bad decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with 2 people on the team during separate times. The offer came 2 weeks after that and I started 2 weeks later. Once I began, there was no clear on boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you can a conflict with a co-worker - how did you work through it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank in June 2014.

Interview

3 round interview in person. First with your manger, and then VP and then SVP. The process took over 3 months since application submission. The question is standard HR questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

First there was the application process, then there was the trimetrix evaluation then interview was the process I had to go through. It took several weeks to go through the entire process.

Interview Questions

• 3 -6 month plan for the position   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Behavior and technical. No HR interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was quite typical. Very basic behavioural and situational questions, followed by an in-person meeting with the Hiring Manager.The hiring manager just wanted to know more about my experience and thoughts on the projects at hand. He didn't follow a traditional script. I thought the interview was quite easy, but at the same time, I obviously didn't know what to expect since I had prepared for a traditional interview and was faced with an open discussion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Scotiabank?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Submit application online. Then call for a one on one interview. First interview with the hiring manager, the next interview is with the VP. Then get a call from HR a few weeks after the interview on an offer.

Interview Questions

• questions are not as difficult as other banks. very generic like describe your current role and yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by face to face, case study where I had to look at financial statements of a company and give recommendation on how much exposure and types of financial products to offer. After that I was called in on a final interview with the VP