Scotiabank Personal Banking Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Personal Banking Officer Interview Questions

3.2

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Interview

The position was pretty much given to me. I didn't have to interview.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions, being that I wasn't interviewed.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews face to face.They were so gentil and kind, the questions were ordinary but i regret that i didnt get ready obvious questions which are asked often for that position, so i messed up during the second interview. It was my first interview experience in Canada , i learned a lot...

Interview Questions

• Why Scotiabank ?   Answer Question
    • What is your career plan for the next 5-10 years?   Answer Question
    • When a client comes to open a savings account , what indicators would you look for to improve the client?s experience? What other products might you recommend during the meeting?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you for that position?   Answer Question
    • Do you know some products of Scotiabank? Do you have an account here?   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, 2 phone, 1 face to face. first, screening your resume about 30 mins, second, behavior questions google the questions prepare examples, must answer in STAR, third situational. still waiting for the third one.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Interview

I just got the 1st interview through. It was taking place by phone. It was pretty basic. The interviewer will ask you about your background and nothing tricky. You just need to know what the job is and your experience, how you can use your knowledge. Just try to be confident and smooth. Essentially, you are dealing with people either case.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through Employee referral Programs, took 2 week to get an interview schedule via email, after the interview on second day job was offered but took 3 week to release from current job.

Interview Questions

• You didn't work in this department before so what difficulties you see to succeed in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not give you chance for negotiate...

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a phone called to know the first phone interview time. First phone interview, questions all from resume, and any sales experience and details, it took 2 weeks to know the result; and second phone interview, focus on behaviour questions, so many questions from their book. and got refuse email the coming week.

Interview Questions

• a example to promote a product which customer doesn't want, and result.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and got a e-mail after 2 weeks to schedule a telephone interview. Three days after the 1st interview I got the 2nd interview. I will have my last face-to-face interview tomorrow. Once you get contacted, the process goes very fast and straight foward. HR person was really friendly.

Interview Questions

• lots of behaviour questions from the 2nd phone interviews that were unexpected. Have to give many examples such as tell me a time you got into conflicts and how you resolved? Describe me a time when you need to set up a goal and how did you achieve it? Tell me a time where you spot a problem and what did you do to prevent or stop it?   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview: it takes about 20 minutes. Ask for some basic questions. The recruiter is from Toronto. Her voice sounds nice and friendly. I still waiting for the feedback from her.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a personal banker officer?
      What's your weakness?
      Why choose Scotiabank?   1 Answer

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Application submitted at a branch. Panel interview at branch with Manager of Personal Banking and Manager of Customer Service. Interview questions are all behavioural (tell me about a time when.., try and recall a scenario where..)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated up $3000/yr.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Interview

Telephone preview, behavior test, in person interview

Interview Questions

• What do you do if there's no suitable product for your customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiable.