Scotiabank Personal Banking Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Personal Banking Officer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

3.2

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews face to face.They were so gentil and kind, the questions were ordinary but i regret that i didnt get ready obvious questions which are asked often for that position, so i messed up during the second interview. It was my first interview experience in Canada , i learned a lot...

Interview Questions

• Why Scotiabank ?   Answer Question
  • What is your career plan for the next 5-10 years?   Answer Question
  • When a client comes to open a savings account , what indicators would you look for to improve the client?s experience? What other products might you recommend during the meeting?   Answer Question
  • Why should we hire you for that position?   Answer Question
  • Do you know some products of Scotiabank? Do you have an account here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, 2 phone, 1 face to face. first, screening your resume about 30 mins, second, behavior questions google the questions prepare examples, must answer in STAR, third situational. still waiting for the third one.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Interview

I just got the 1st interview through. It was taking place by phone. It was pretty basic. The interviewer will ask you about your background and nothing tricky. You just need to know what the job is and your experience, how you can use your knowledge. Just try to be confident and smooth. Essentially, you are dealing with people either case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a phone called to know the first phone interview time. First phone interview, questions all from resume, and any sales experience and details, it took 2 weeks to know the result; and second phone interview, focus on behaviour questions, so many questions from their book. and got refuse email the coming week.

Interview Questions

• a example to promote a product which customer doesn't want, and result.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview: it takes about 20 minutes. Ask for some basic questions. The recruiter is from Toronto. Her voice sounds nice and friendly. I still waiting for the feedback from her.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a personal banker officer?
      What's your weakness?
      Why choose Scotiabank?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied thru Workopolis, wait for 2 weeks until the 1st phone interview, questions about scanning my backgrounds, initiative, strength/weakness and understanding of the position, also mainly asked my sales experience. Now the 2nd phone interview will be this week focus on behaviour questions.

Interview Questions

• what reasons make you want to help people in financial area?   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

One short Phone interview
    One longer more detailed phone interview
    One face to face

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews, fellow by a in branch interview.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2013.

Interview

Got an email for a phone interview, did the first phone interview, kind of general questions,
    weakness, strength, why Scotiabank, and why personal banking officer.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. The first round was telephonic one with detailed resume screening and general questions like why Scotiabank ? strength and weakness ? what do you know about the job profile ? targets achieved in previous job ?
    Second round was also a telephonic interview with 15 behavioral questions. you can get the list of questions from google. HR pays attention on your confidence and way of speaking. After the second round she will instantly book you for the third round.
    Third round was most crucial with a panel of 5 branch managers. This round includes two group activities, one individual activity and two rounds of panel interview. These all rounds includes regular questions and nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part is the interview result which is mostly unexpected :( the focus during the third round is too much on the behavior of the interviewee and please pay attention to your listening, team playing, relationship building and communication skill. make all possible attempt during each and every phase of third round to emphasis on the said qualities.   Answer Question