Scotiabank Personal Banking Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Personal Banking Officer Interview Questions

3.2

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied thru Workopolis, wait for 2 weeks until the 1st phone interview, questions about scanning my backgrounds, initiative, strength/weakness and understanding of the position, also mainly asked my sales experience. Now the 2nd phone interview will be this week focus on behaviour questions.

Interview Questions

• what reasons make you want to help people in financial area?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

One short Phone interview
    One longer more detailed phone interview
    One face to face

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Was contacted by phone the day after applying. Did two phone interviews; one was standard questions, the other was a behavioural interview asking questions about past experiences. The overall process was very quick, and the interviewer was friendly and very helpful to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioural questions. Expect a lot of "describe a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews, fellow by a in branch interview.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

was quick, be prepared to answer lots of behavioral question.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Very interactive and the interviewers were very friendly. No technical questions as its a sales oriented job. Just be good with sales and customer service and try to impress the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• situation based questions, some role play , strengths and weaknesses. nothing unusual. the same question set that you will find for any sales role.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2013.

Interview

Got an email for a phone interview, did the first phone interview, kind of general questions,
    weakness, strength, why Scotiabank, and why personal banking officer.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. The first round was telephonic one with detailed resume screening and general questions like why Scotiabank ? strength and weakness ? what do you know about the job profile ? targets achieved in previous job ?
    Second round was also a telephonic interview with 15 behavioral questions. you can get the list of questions from google. HR pays attention on your confidence and way of speaking. After the second round she will instantly book you for the third round.
    Third round was most crucial with a panel of 5 branch managers. This round includes two group activities, one individual activity and two rounds of panel interview. These all rounds includes regular questions and nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part is the interview result which is mostly unexpected :( the focus during the third round is too much on the behavior of the interviewee and please pay attention to your listening, team playing, relationship building and communication skill. make all possible attempt during each and every phase of third round to emphasis on the said qualities.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown (Guyana)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Georgetown (Guyana)) in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring process across scotiabank is standard, they ask behavioral questions as well as situational questions to get an idea of how you would handle the job and if you have the required competency for same. I thought the way questions are asked is professional as there is a panel of bankers.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email to do a personality test, received a phone call to schedule a phone interview ( behavioral and stress related questions)