Scotiabank Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

HR made the first contact via phone. HR told me that for the personal interview I was required to prepare a ppt. Personal interview was with three people: Hiring Manager and two team members to whom I presented the ppt they have requested. The hiring manager arranged for the VP to interview me that same day. The interview with the VP was quick and formal.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was set up via email after posting for a position online. Interviewed by hiring director and peer. Interview involved a review of particular skills related to the position. Interview questions focused on specific experience related to the role. A few behaviour based questions were also asked.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The first interview was via telephone and the follow up online. The interview panel really made me comfortable it was all about what skills and experience they needed and how I would be able to fulfill those needs. The interview kicked off by the panelists explaining their current needs and outlining the details of the job. They went over my resume and asked questions about some of the details and experiences outlined in my resume (be able to articulate what is on your resume with real examples to backup). Demonstrate your leadership skills and outline why you would be an asset to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of your experiences on projects in your current role.   1 Answer
    • They asked about my availability to travel   1 Answer
    • They asked me if I had any questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating was necessary

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Several interviews with HR, hiring manager and colleagues. Interviews focused on my challenges and the tools I used to overcome them. Soft skills played a small role in the interviews, most of it was technical stuff.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank in February 2015.

Interview

Very positive. Open and frequent communication with the hiring manager and HR. Never felt I was out of the loop as to what was going on, and my inquiries were responded to in a timely manner. HR reached out to me to schedule the initial panel interview within days of applying online. Throughout the process they were very clear about timelines, and as an applicant this means a lot. It takes only a minute to send an email with a timeline update, and that effort goes a long way to engaging the candidates and making them want to work for Scotia.

Interview Questions

• What is the value you bring to your role and to this company?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

As it has been a long time since last time I was intereviewed. I do not recall all the details. As I recall, it was a very professional and very pleasant process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview set up by phone went in person hiring manager told me job was going to someone else. The whole process was a sham. There were no actual interviews person for role already chosen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone screening interview with recruiter; second with hiring manager and key staff member; third with hiring manager and exec vp.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this scenario - case was a recent situation that their team had gone through with a difficult client   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

2 levels of interview, thorough background checking including credentials,references and police record verification

Interview Questions

Negotiation

went through hiring agent but from what I understand it wasn't tough

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2011.