Scottrade Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR, saying they were interested in conducting a phone interview. I ended up having to not go as far as that point for personal reasons but the people I talked to were very nice from what I can tell. They were willing to reschedule the interview and stuff.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Scottrade

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview with the branch manager. After that, I received an offer after a few weeks and was asked on what day I can start.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What jobs have you held before?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

I was given a phone interview. There were three people on speaker phone. It was my first interview like this so I was really unprepared. The questions were basic. They asked about experiences relating to group work in classes and professors acknowleding work I had done. It was't too hard.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Got a call to set up interview, had to enter my references and then had an in person interview. I was interviewed in early November , got the off right before Thanksgiving and started in January.

Interview Questions

• Why I picked Scottrade out of all other companies in undustry
      A time when I had to think fast
      Strength& Weaknesses
      STAR   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Very easy interview. The people are super nice and they really want to know you more as a person. They are always looking for interns who'd like to stay on and potentially take the series exams. Applied an had a phone interview with HR two days later. Then scheduled an interview with branch manager three days later. Was offered the position the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview, for the most part. Most questions were standard questions that you would get at any other internship interview and the manager was very friendly. I'd definitely recommend applying to Scottrade.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade (West Palm Beach, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Took a couple months to fully get hired. i had two rounds of phones interviews and one in person. Everyone was extremely helpful and maintained contact throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you made and what did you do to correct it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade in July 2014.

Interview

3 back to back interviews after the phone interview. Basic questions and mainly focused on getting to know me and to see if I would be someone they would want to have working for them.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied for the position online through my University's job board in Early November 2008. I got an email from their HR coordinator 2 weeks later and had a short phone interview with her the next day in which she setup an interview with the Branch manager I would be working for, scheduled for the following week.

The interview was scheduled pretty early in the morning before any clients came in. I spent probably 20 minutes talking to the Manager about my background, previous work experience, and college degree. I was pursuing a degree in Economics, and they preferred to consider people with degrees in Finance, economics, and business. After the interview, he had me sit at one of the computers and take a personality test asking questions about how I would respond to certain situations. It was pretty obvious which answers they were looking for, so don't stress out too much about the personality test.

I got a call a week later from HR the next day wanting me to submit my references to them online, in which each reference will be sent an email asking to fill out a short survey about you. A week later HR called again saying the branch manager would like to offer me a position, which I gladly accepted. I needed to go and have my fingerprints taken and bring back to the branch office to be submitted to their HR department which is located in St. Louis. After that cleared they setup my start date. I started a week later just before Christmas.

Interview Questions

• As an intern you will be required to interact with the clients first before anyone else, and the job requires a lot of explanation about how the account setup and website management works to clients. During the interview, the branch manager asked me to explain step by step how to navigate to clear the cash and cookie on internet explorer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internship positions. When I worked there they started interns at $11 per hour, with 5% raises every 6 months.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

First contacted by a HR rep within a day of applying online. She e-mailed me the next day asking to schedule a 30-45 minute phone interview. I talked to her for only 15 minutes though. She briefly went over the position requirements and hourly wage ($11/hr) then went into the behavioral questions. I wasn't expecting this because it was only the initial interview, but I was able to generate good answers. At the end, she told me we were going to move forward with the process based on my responses to her questions. She asked my availability for an in-person interview the next week with the branch manager. She didn't respond for a few days so I eventually contacted her asking about the interview, considering one of the days I said I was available had already passed. She then set up the interview the day after I contacted her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not applicable for interns