Scottrade Stock Broker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scottrade Stock Broker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

I applied online. Was interviewed by HR by phone. then i had a 2nd interview with a branch manager. First interview was 25 mins. 2nd interview was a hour. Overalll the process was very simple and easy

Branch Stock Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Went through the phone and branch interview, Was told I am in the final pool of candidates. Completed an online referral tool. What surprised me was there was no response from the recruiter or the branch after an email requesting an update to the hiring process. Please treat those who apply to your company with dignity and if they are not hired, let them know. Very unprofessional

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

First, they have to do the phone interview, after that they set up on face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied for a Job Online , their interview process was generic. Behavior question, weakness and strengths, all those scripted questions. The interview was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question, weakness and strengths, achievements and what's your worst experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Phone interview took about 20 minutes asking basic tell me a time questions and if was available to work weekends then set up in person interview. In person interview sat down with same HR person as phone, then took 2 tests, one more personality oriented, the second a test of typing speed and accuracy related to listening to phone calls. Then had fallow up interview with two supervisors basically filling out packet of questions they have to ask.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to make a quick decision in the workplace and what were the results.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, background test and then talk about start date

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Stockton, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Started out with HR from St. Louis calling for a 30 minute for interview, which than moved on to meeting with the manager of the branch. The interview consisted of going over my resume and getting a feel for the office environment. After interviewing for a couple of hours he had me take a personality test.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you could say that would make me want to hire you before you leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers Point, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (Somers Point, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Started off with a basic phone interview. then moved on to more challenging questions with the face to face.

Interview Questions

did not see a lot of room for career growth

Stock Broker Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scottrade (Santa Cruz, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I had an hour long interview where the manager asked me questions off a sheet that Scottrade forces their managers to use. Most of the questions are ridiculous behavioral things that you should have answers prepared for if you've ever interviewed for a "real" job. The one that might take a minute is "What can you say to me that will make me remember you after you leave this interview and will make me want to hire you?"

After that portion of the interview, I actually had a supposed "off the record" interview for another 20 minutes where we just talked about my past work experience and other business related matters. Then I took 3 online personality tests that took another 20 minutes.

I felt like I nailed the interview and the tests were incredibly easy. In all honesty, I was over-qualified for the position and didn't expect to get the internship, but I was still upset to be rejected. I am still planning to speak to the hiring manager to find out why.

Interview Questions

• What can you say to me that will make me remember you when you leave the interview and make me want to hire you?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you thought you had a better way of doing something and the manager didn't listen to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade (Exton, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

The process consisted of a 50 questions series 7 exam, which took me by surprise. I was also asked about what to do if there were multiple clients needing assistance and how i would handle the situation. It was a very laid-back, very friendly environent. This did seem like an excellent place to work, and the hiring manager was very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scottrade (Orlando, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Took a while to be contacted
    Did a phone interview with HR recruiter, general tell us about yourself and experience
    Interviewed with branch manager, basic situational questions

Negotiation

No negotiations