Scottrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 2, 2017

2.6

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade (Wichita, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview - mine lasted about an hour - asking to go through your work history and flesh it out some and then the interviewer takes notes on their computer while you're talking. Can ask other follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history?   1 Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scottrade (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I responded to a posting on the Scottrade website. After about a week I received an email from a Talent Coordinator who scheduled a phone interview. The Coordinator started the conversation with a discussion about the impending purchase of Scottrade by TD Ameritrade. She indicated the acquisition would be completed later this year, and was upfront that there were a lot of questions yet to be answered regarding the merger. For example, how many of the Scottrade offices would be merged into an existing TD office

Interview Questions

• Did the compensation they offered meet by salary requirements per my background and experience?   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Scottrade Careers website, and 1 day later got an email scheduling a phone interview. Talked to a recruiting specialist about Investment Consultant position, and decided it was not really what I wanted. I am more interested in a research analyst position, not a financial advisor position. Therefore, I decided not to continue the process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview with the branch manager. After that, I received an offer after a few weeks and was asked on what day I can start.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What jobs have you held before?   Answer Question

Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Broomfield, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application on-line. That position was canceled and replaced with a new slightly different title. I re-submitted to that and had a 30-minute phone screen with a recruiter. Then I was invited to interview at their Service Center, it was three rounds of thirty-minute meetings with different department leads: HR, Service Center, Training. It was more of a conversation than Behavior based interview questions. They each had a question sheet but didn't use them. Very professional environment. I was then contacted by the recruiter, told the interview went well and that Scottrade wanted to move to the next step. I completed a release for a background check, completed their service center personality assessment, then received a form generated turndown e-mail. My background is 100% clean so I assume they just went with different applicants, not sure.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scottrade (Plantation, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

it was good and ok the boss saw potential in my skill and everything and then he said that he like how i was being very enthusiastic as i was trying to find a job and them i came to him saying that i was looking for a job and then he told me that he like it how i just was asking that i was looking for a job and a position to work in at because he told me that not a lot of people would go that far as for looking for a job to begin with.

Interview Questions

• They ask me that have i ever had experience doing dishwasher and other skills.   1 Answer

Software Technician/Software Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was short and they needed someone fast and as long as they had any IT experience they would be hired. They asked about hours and how far I lived from the job site.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in IT, have you installed software and kept licensing inventory?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Call from recruiting then a formal interview with the talent team followed by a interview with the district management. Then it took about 45 days for a final decision. I was a finalist

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your day for success   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

After phone interview, HR people sent a link for computer skill online test. In face to face interview, hiring manager asked some questions about computer skills and experiences. People who I met were nice and friendly.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR and subsequent group panel interview. Group panel interview was professional yet laid back. Extensive FBI background check and fingerprinting. They wanted me to start very soon after passing the background check.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions:

Tell us a little about yourself
      How many projects have you handled at one time
      How would you handle low team morale
      What type of projects have you supported   Answer Question