Scottrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scottrade Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (Stockton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on company website and received email 2 days later asking for appropriate times available for a phone interview. Received 2nd email confirming time HR specialist would contact me. Specialist called about 15 mins late. Asked basic questions. Not difficult. Said info would be passed along to branch manger for consideration with other candidates. Waiting for them to follow up now.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a policy change at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about sales ?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Westminster, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied online and received a call from a recruiter within the next couple of days. I had an onsite interview with HR and a couple of managers and AVP. It was pretty casual and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Have you looked at our website? Could you speak upon some of our products?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Creve Coeur, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Went through a brief qualifying called with an HR recruiter, very basic. The process took way longer than necessary and never delivered on time frames and next steps. Every follow up was done by me, even though the HR person always said they would regarding next steps and follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was set up over the phone. Basic stuff, went through my resume. I asked a lot of questions to try and discover more of the specifics of the position but the recruiter stuck to the script. Asked the general open ended questions that you hear on all these things. What do you like about sales? When have you overcome an obstacle, ect

Branch Stockbroker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

It was the branch manager and another broker in the office who ran me through a mock walk in to the office to see if I asked the right questions. I was very comfortable with this type of interview as I had worked one on one with clients for years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scottrade (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the companies website. The process was surprisingly easy. The next day an HR intake specialist C.S. contacted me and requested times for a telephone interview. C.S. contacted me exactly on time and ran a concise two way phone interview to determine if fit and function were appropriate for both parties. That interview concluded with an elevated level of excitement by both parties about the opportunity to move forward. C.S. is a pro that conducts himself in a way that increases confidence and interest in Scottrade and the available position. Today was an in person interview at the branch location. R.R. , the branch manager, had a very professional approach. He played it close to the vest not giving up any verbal or visual accessing ques. This made it a little difficult for me as I could not tell which responses were "on the mark" and which ones were not getting across the desired message. He did a great job describing the position, responsibilities, and branch service goals and production objectives. The interview concluded in exactly an hour as there was a scheduled customer appointment waiting. In my mind this position and this firm represent a tremendous opportunity.

Interview Questions

• During the explanation of the IC role relative to daily customer service out calls the BOM was describing the process of new asset discovery for a hypothetical account with a single position worth $50,000. I asked him specifically, how would that call sound. He said, that is what I want you to tell me, how you would do it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. HR returned my call. 10 min screening followed by another HR interview from MO, 15 min screening. Followed shortly by branch manager interview. She just barraged me with questions from her long list and did not seem to care about my answers. She seems not to know much about the different jobs as she grilled me on my responsibilities in one of the accounting firms for 10-15 min, without seemingly understanding or caring. She never shared with the branch work, type of clients they get or even showed around the very small office she had. Was very curt, did not listen to my answers to the end. I was very disappointed with this interview. It seemed that she had someone in mind and was clearly going through the motions with me.
    They never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did at your last job? What sales experience do you have? What financial managers do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

i applied online and was contacted by email and told that I should select a day and time that best suited me for a 30 minute interview by phone. I selected a day and time , and the next day I received and email stating that I would be called at the specific time and date I selected. I received the call about 20 minutes late non the less the interviewer apologized and offered to reschedule if I desired. I declined the reschedule and decided to keep going with it. Very polite apologized several times during interview.

Interview Questions

• What skill I did well on my last job that would stand out most in helping me to do this job. Also do I think would be the worst scenario that could take place in this job.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy process. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and upbeat. The whole phone interview took about 10 mins. Asked questions are why you want to work at scottrade and where did you hear about this position? I'm still waiting for a person interview

Financial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (Reno, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy. Person interviewing me was nice. Very generic questions like "describe a time you had to get along with a coworker you did not like". Wanted more experience than someone who was still in college full time. Also having to go home periodically did not seem to appeal to them. If i were to do it again I would leave those details out in order to make it to the next step of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to enter the financial world?   1 Answer