Scottrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

Had a one-on-one interview with Branch Manager. Interviewer had simple questions that were provided by corporate (about 7 questions).. & you take a fairly simple online test (prior to interview). Have an upbeat personality and confidence!

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Extensive and thorough. Initial screening with HR, phone interview with regional manager, in-person interview with regional manager, in-person interview at home office with upper level management and multiple on-line evaluations.

Branch Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scottrade in July 2016.

Interview

I got a referral from a friend who worked there. I emailed my resume to the manager and had an interview about a week later. Took about another week to get a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (Stockton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on company website and received email 2 days later asking for appropriate times available for a phone interview. Received 2nd email confirming time HR specialist would contact me. Specialist called about 15 mins late. Asked basic questions. Not difficult. Said info would be passed along to branch manger for consideration with other candidates. Waiting for them to follow up now.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Westminster, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied online and received a call from a recruiter within the next couple of days. I had an onsite interview with HR and a couple of managers and AVP. It was pretty casual and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Have you looked at our website? Could you speak upon some of our products?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Creve Coeur, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Went through a brief qualifying called with an HR recruiter, very basic. The process took way longer than necessary and never delivered on time frames and next steps. Every follow up was done by me, even though the HR person always said they would regarding next steps and follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was set up over the phone. Basic stuff, went through my resume. I asked a lot of questions to try and discover more of the specifics of the position but the recruiter stuck to the script. Asked the general open ended questions that you hear on all these things. What do you like about sales? When have you overcome an obstacle, ect

Bilingual Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

I got the phone interview of asking general resume; after the phone intertiew, hr sent me an online quiz link about the personality test;we set an on-site interview 2 weeks later, met hr for 30 mins and department managers; after that I was required a typing speed test

Branch Stockbroker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

It was the branch manager and another broker in the office who ran me through a mock walk in to the office to see if I asked the right questions. I was very comfortable with this type of interview as I had worked one on one with clients for years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scottrade (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the companies website. The process was surprisingly easy. The next day an HR intake specialist C.S. contacted me and requested times for a telephone interview. C.S. contacted me exactly on time and ran a concise two way phone interview to determine if fit and function were appropriate for both parties. That interview concluded with an elevated level of excitement by both parties about the opportunity to move forward. C.S. is a pro that conducts himself in a way that increases confidence and interest in Scottrade and the available position. Today was an in person interview at the branch location. R.R. , the branch manager, had a very professional approach. He played it close to the vest not giving up any verbal or visual accessing ques. This made it a little difficult for me as I could not tell which responses were "on the mark" and which ones were not getting across the desired message. He did a great job describing the position, responsibilities, and branch service goals and production objectives. The interview concluded in exactly an hour as there was a scheduled customer appointment waiting. In my mind this position and this firm represent a tremendous opportunity.

Interview Questions

• During the explanation of the IC role relative to daily customer service out calls the BOM was describing the process of new asset discovery for a hypothetical account with a single position worth $50,000. I asked him specifically, how would that call sound. He said, that is what I want you to tell me, how you would do it.   1 Answer

See What Scottrade Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros: “I can't imagine a better workplace, with more autonomy, opportunity to earn a lot of money, and all of the tools necessary to be successful. We have an absolutely stellar reputation...”“I can't imagine a better workplace, with more autonomy, opportunity to earn a lot of money, and all of the tools necessary to be successful. We have an absolutely stellar reputation among our clients. Nowhere else in financial services has a firm operated with such a lack of conflict of interest and as aligned with clients for so long. JD Power awards aren't won this consistently for nothing. Our compensation plan is exceptionally simple. There is minimal incentive to sell or "push" product. Advice (or guidance) goals are exceptionally small compared to other goals and overall book size. There is almost no conflict of interest, in that your compensation does not depend on how your clients invest. If they bring assets, you get paid for it. If they decide to pay for advice, you get paid for it. Youre not selling Fidelity funds, putting a certain amount in Amerivest, slinging annuities, etc. Your job is to know your clients better than anyone, and show them a path to financial success. You win if they do it themselves, if they use mutual funds, if they use ETFs, if they use individual stocks and bonds, or if they hire an advisor to do the same. I will always look back fondly on my nearly a decade at Scottrade. I wish more of my peers could say the same.” – Full Review