Scottrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scottrade Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Branch Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Applied online and received email from HR department within about weeks for phone interview, which was just basic questions about your interest in the company. After phone interview. One week later received email to set up a time for an interview with the branch manager. Overall process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had to deal with a difficult client or team experience. Not difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Cerritos, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There is 30 minute online assessment to discover whether you are a good sales person. After the assessment the Branch manager will interview you. The interviewer will ask standard questions about experience and instances where you interacted with displeased client and fairies the end result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you handled an upset customer.   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Initial screening was telephonic. In two weeks got a invite for face to face interview at scottrade, St. Louis, MO. Result was announced in a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions on how we react to day to day practical scenarios   Answer Question
    • Project Management activities and practices related questions, reason for change, waterfall and agile coexistence issues, costing practice.   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter for the position of Investment Consultant. The first step was a phone interview. The interview took about 25 minutes, and was mostly questions pertaining to my experience and "tell me about a time..." type questions. The recruiter was polite and answered all of my questions with confidence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced a major conflict at work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Scottrade Stockbroker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scottrade (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

hiring process is quick and easy. Ppl are very nice and productive.you go apply online, if there is people refer you, it is easier to get in. Also make sure you put down sales experience. It is important.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

From the Scottrade career website I found a Investment Consultant posting at a local branch and I applied and uploaded a resume. A week or so later I received a email from a talent accusation specialist requesting availability for a phone interview. We set up a mutual time and a phone interview was conducted over about 45 minutes. It consisted of around ten behavioral questions which requested describing a past situation and how I handled it. At the conclusion of the phone interview I was allowed to ask a few questions, some of which the interviewer answered and others I was told could be answered if I were to get a follow up interview with the local branch manager. Shortly after that I received a email requesting a in person interview at the local branch with the branch manager and I was required to sign some e-documents to authorize a background & credit check. A time was set and I met with the branch manager. Before the interview I was required to take a Sales Key assessment test of about 250 multiple choice questions, about 5% of which were time limited. I spent about 1.5 hrs. on this task sitting at one of the investment consultants desk visible to branch customers in a noisy branch. Live customers, telephones ringing, telephone conversations and a loud TV with business news on made concentration a challenge. Upon completion of the test I waited in the office lobby for the manager to finish working with customers to continue the interview at a local deli/coffee shop. At the deli/coffee shop we sat at a small table in the middle of a very crowded noisy business. Without ordering anything for the establishment, the manager proceeded to ask questions and document my answers to around 20 questions over the next hour. We finished with me asking some questions I had prepared, but due to the difficulty I found with hearing, my comfort level with privacy and the amount of time spent at this interview, (around 3 hrs. in total). I did not ask all I had intended to. We parted on good terms with a understanding I would hear from Scottrade if they wanted to do anymore interviewing. The manager was very professional and ask good questions. I found the branch & deli/coffee shop environments very challenging environments to interview in. Maybe that was by Scottrade's design? It was certainly a first for me in my professional career.
    The jury is still out at this time regarding this position and I have not heard back from Scottrade yet.
    no offer or decline made yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a time when you were being pulled in many directions at the same time while working and how you handled it all of the demands?   1 Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about two weeks. I got in through a referral and the process was very smooth. Total number of interviews was 3. (recruiter, branch manager, regional manager) Excellent people and attitudes throughout.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process starts with an initial application and then you have a phone interview with an HR person before having an interview with the local branch manager. The process is very easy to go through as they only ask basic questions about your background and interest in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scottrade (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview a few days after applying. asked about normal questions over resume. second phone interview a few weeks later over technical details. never heard back, but i wasn't all that interested in the opportunity. easy if you show them you care about the company and know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions

• describe an adversity in a previous job that you had encountered and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Branch Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Looks like a very good company to intern for. Unfortunately, the hiring/interview process can be quite lengthy and take a couple of weeks or up to 2 months. Overall there is a very laid back corporate culture although that might change with new management.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral in nature and consisted about having experience in customer service.   Answer Question