Scottrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scottrade Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2017

2.6

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

It was the worst interview experience that I have been through in my job hunt by far. They are incredibly slow and do not have any procedures or communication. After my 3rd interview they didn't even let me know that I did not get the job or if I did. I emailed and no response after 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Applied online on the career section. After a week or so, received an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted around 30-45 minutes. When I answered the call, I could tell that this was going nowhere, and going to be a waste of time. The recruiter sounded completely uninterested, aloof, and standoffish. Better basic questions, no surprises. Received an email a few days later saying that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Advisor Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Had 3 interviews in 2/15, no follow up after the 3rd interview and just received the rejection notice 7/15. I had to reach out to recruiter 2 times and was told I was a "top candidate" yet no proactive outreach.

Interview Questions

• Just basic overview of experience, no behavioral based, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I was hired during college, hopes and dreams turned into dissappointment. I worked at Scottrade for over 10 years, I know I wasted my time and energy. I learned enough in my internship to work anywhere else. I stayed with Scottrade because I really believed they were the best way for the common man/woman to invest and grow their wealth. What I learned is Scottrade is a great place for the common man/woman to risk their life savings with delayed quotes and canceled bids/aks. Poor trade execution and no desire to look out for clients best interests. THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS BRINGING IN MONEY. if they lose their money its the clients fault....

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customet   1 Answer

The One I Acheived Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

First HR, then the hiring manager. When I met with the hiring manager, there were two people questioning me at the same time and it was pretty high-pressure. It was a thorough interview and I can't say it wasn't effective.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over someone else?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated for a couple more vacation days. I was afraid of losing out on vacation time from my previous employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online and answered some questions on their website. I had a behavioral interview with the recruiter. She just asked basic question that weren't specific to this postion. She also went over my resumer. Then, I had an interview with the branch manager. Before I met with him, I had to complete a sales key assessment. This went over how willing or proud I would be to be a salesman. The interview with the manager was longer. He went over the job & asked questions to see how I would fit into it.

Interview Questions

• How did you meet your sales goals at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview, for the most part. Most questions were standard questions that you would get at any other internship interview and the manager was very friendly. I'd definitely recommend applying to Scottrade.

Branch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Sterling Heights, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied to Scottrade online and got an email back within two days. I was quite surprised at how fast they got back to me. They wanted to set up a phone interview with me. I responded with my available times, but did not hear back. I responded again with a specific time, and got no response. Sure enough, I got a call from them on my desired time, but I had no confirmation that it was going to take place. The phone interview was full of basic questions, such as tell me about a time when... etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were recognized for the work that you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Separate phone interviews with: recruiter, branch manager, regional manager. The interviews last approximately 45 minutes a piece. There wasn't much pressure and each person made me feel as though I had the job at the end of each conversation.

Interview Questions

• There are some negative feelings toward sales people. What are your feelings toward salespeople?   1 Answer

Branch Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Apply the job through Scottrade Career website, then the First Phone interview with HR and office interview with branch manager. The HR asks your eligiblity to work in the US and how do you think of the job and the company, which is not very complicated. Then the interview with the mananger. The manager worked through several question concerning your personality and office work experience.

Interview Questions

• leadership experience, mistake experiences, and, financial service experience   Answer Question