Scottrade Stockbroker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scottrade Stockbroker Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stockbroker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

First is a phone interview with a HR rep. then about a week later you get a second person to person interview with the hiring manager. Its only two interviews total

Interview Questions

• questions are basic, mostly asking about your past positions and how they relate to the one your applying for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scottrade

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Nashville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

standard situation type questions. "Tell me about a time"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first, then was asked to stop by branch for an in person interview with the branch manager. We had about an hour long conversation and reviewed my resume and previous experience. Overall and pretty standard process. I don't have any experience with other companies in the industry, so I'm not sure how it was by comparison, but I didn't think it was too tough.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer who stopped into the office and demanded to speak with the manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scottrade (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

A quick phone interview and an on-site interview with a broker and the manager. Behavioral questions to assess your problem-solving skills and customer-facing skills. Standard questions about interest in the company and prior experience/schooling. Good to have some examples where you helped customers/fellow students solved some problems. You would be gauged on your ability to explain a problem in simple terms.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the skills you have that make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade (Houston, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

I was called for an interview about 1 week after applying on the Scottrade career website. The phone interview consisted of very basic question about why I wanted to work at Scottrade and how I would handle certain client situations. I was also given the opportunity to meet the hiring manager which was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Scottrade.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Washington, DC) in August 2008.

Interview

Apply online...phone interview...inperson interview...they call you and offer you the job or they dont call you at all.

Interview Questions

• Descride a difficult client and how you helped them through the process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Its a desired position. If you dont like what they give you then you dont get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade (Tulsa, OK) in February 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted of standard interview questions such as why did you choose this company, where do you see your self in 5 years, and so on. As long as you already have a series 7 license you are good to go.If not, they may scrutinize you a lot more.

Interview Questions

• Just generic interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a set salary that is not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2007.

Interview

Good overall. Was met at the airport by a long-tenured employee, who proceeded to drive me to the main office for the interview. Everyone was friendly and professional. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how you would handle the following situation.   Answer Question

Stockbroker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade in August 2008.

Interview

Applying as a broker, I initially choose my location then uploaded the resume and simply waited. I got a call from HR within 2 weeks or so. After that they had to check all of my references which took approximately about 3 weeks due to my previous employer. Overall it was a good experience.