Scotts Miracle-Gro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.5

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was very easy. Phone screening and then an on site interview. On site interview consisted of three meetings with different directors lasting approximately 45 minutes. The three directors were friendly and easy to talk to. My Excel skills were tested, which was simple. Was called back later that day to come back the following day to meet with the VP as I was down to the final two candidates. Upon arriving for the final interview, I talked with the receptionist for about 15 minutes and we had a great conversation. The meeting with the VP was easy. Asked me a few simple questions.

When I saw the other candidate I knew I likely would not get the position. The office environment is 20 something males and 3 females. The other candidate was a female and barely looked to be legal age. I have nearly a decade of experience and an MBA so I knew they could pay the other candidate WAY less than me. I still followed up with the company and thanked them for their time. I received radio silence for nearly two weeks before receiving the automated "other candidates" email. I then emailed HR for feedback and miraculously received a response within 5 minutes saying that they had decided to hire an internal candidate because they had Scotts product knowledge. I know all of Scotts products already and have researched the company in depth so that means nothing. What is below entry level that they could hire internally over someone with experience and an MBA?

Overall a good experience minus the fact that they were not helpful after the final interview. Do not think they hired the best candidate, but the candidate they could pay the least.

Merchandiser/Counselors Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Jackson, MS) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied on line and got a phone call with the notice of a phone interview. Simple questions can be expected and having to do with the position. Work history was discussed and the ability to do the expected and then a job sight meet with the Sales Manager. The Sales Manager determines if you are the one.

Interview Questions

• Can you get your hands dirty and move a pallet from point A to B?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy filled out application online was contacted by their recruiter about 2 weeks later. Submitted video q&a. Met with area and regional managers for interview. Interview took about an hour and was very well structured. Didn't get the job was notified about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What experience would you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 months, it began at a career fair and ended with a super day of on campus interviews at headquarters. I interviewed at the career fair then was invited to do a phone screen after the phone screen I was invited to headquarters for a super day of three panel interviews ranging from brand managers to directors and vice presidents. Generally the people were friendly and the process was fair.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince R&D of a complete change in the product you are working on, your Brand Manager doesn't want a compromise and the R&D have been working on it for months.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH).

Interview

Pre-Screening application, followed by online interview, followed by on-site interview. Good support from HR throughout. Online interview is a little awkward and tough to tackle but it is convenient. Scotts is a company that values intrinsic and extrinsic skills, especially communication skills.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me in July 2015. From first call to interview was approximately two months (final interview in September 2015). The first step was a HireVue video interview followed by a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. That culminated in an in-person interview at HQ in Marysville, Ohio with key stakeholders in the brand/marketing world. There were three group interview sessions lasting a total of approximately three hours. The overall impression was of a buttoned-up organization with some very bright people. Relaxed environment with a pro work-ethic/attitude.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you need assistance from an executive but access to them is limited due to workload demands, etc...?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

bring you back in a room and ask you a bunch of random questions, ask do you know what scotts does, ask if you can pass drug test and goes over alot of company policies and benefits. Then you're hired

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial screening was via video instead of a telephone screening. During the formal interview I met with several people over four hours. I then toured the wellness center.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I really wasn't asked too many questions. Most of the discussions were about the job responsibilities.   1 Answer

Aerator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Arlington, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted via email after I applied online from Indeed.com. I never met the woman who contacted me via email. She set me up for an interview/information session. There were less than ten other people going for the aerator position. The Branch manager spoke to us all together. He told us about the job and what to expect. Then he interviewed us one on one.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what else I do besides work. What is going on in my life?   Answer Question

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by a half day of in-person and video conference interviews with HQ. Last round interview was over the phone with department head. Overall the process went quickly but then received no responses, follow-ups or notification of status after interview process which was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, describe some good and bad marketing examples   Answer Question