Scotts Miracle-Gro Interview Questions in Marysville, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.8

Global Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

This was my first interview with Scotts Miracle-Gro and it was conducted via Hirevue Digital Interview. I had one attempt per question, but was able to do practice interview questions for as long as I wanted (actual interview questions were different from practice). There were about 6 video response questions and I had around 30 seconds to prepare before each new question.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with various levels within the Marketing department. The interview questions were fairly common as with any interview. One of the higher level directors acted like she did not want to be there. It seemed to be a waste of time for her.

The panel presentation lasted about an hour and the same director acted disinterested and did not offer any visual feedback. It seemed like she already had her person selected..

Interview Questions

• General interview questions...project management experience based   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH).

Interview

Two part interview, first was online where you sit in front of your webcam and answer questions. Not to bad but I can see it tripping up people who aren't comfortable with that style.

Second interview was a marathon, 3hrs later I had talked to most people in the chain and had a good understanding of what was expected and for their personalities.

Roughly 2 weeks after the second interview I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking at Scotts and not *competitor in field* ?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

Interview

Pre-Screening application, followed by online interview, followed by on-site interview. Good support from HR throughout. Online interview is a little awkward and tough to tackle but it is convenient. Scotts is a company that values intrinsic and extrinsic skills, especially communication skills.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me in July 2015. From first call to interview was approximately two months (final interview in September 2015). The first step was a HireVue video interview followed by a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. That culminated in an in-person interview at HQ in Marysville, Ohio with key stakeholders in the brand/marketing world. There were three group interview sessions lasting a total of approximately three hours. The overall impression was of a buttoned-up organization with some very bright people. Relaxed environment with a pro work-ethic/attitude.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you need assistance from an executive but access to them is limited due to workload demands, etc...?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial screening was via video instead of a telephone screening. During the formal interview I met with several people over four hours. I then toured the wellness center.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I really wasn't asked too many questions. Most of the discussions were about the job responsibilities.   1 Answer

Regional Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Once I received the interview request HR set me up with a flight to Columbus, OH, a rental car and a hotel stay. I arrived the night before and came to headquarters first thing in the morning to start the interview process. I met with 5 different members of the supply chain team starting with the person I would report directly to and then 2 department heads I would collaborate with and 2 management levels up. The interviews were all 30 min to an hr long. After everything was complete I was asked by HR member how everything went. Offered lunch at the cafeteria then head back to the airport.

Interview Questions

• What was my direct experience as a planner? Provide a few examples of challenges you were able to overcome and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

3 Phone interviews with Regiuonal Director, Midwest regional director and a human resource representative. I then had face to face interview with director and plant tour, and final interview with several executives at home office in Ohio which included two Vice Presidents.

Interview Questions

• What style of manager would I consider myself?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Online application via Taleo - although Taleo is a big name in the industry the application process is slow and took at least 30 minutes to complete. Phone screen by a recruiter took about 30 minutes, followed by initial phone call with manager to ask technical questions. Panel onsite interview followed with a long grueling day of back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions until one IT manager started grilling me about pay and salary. He seemed to have a concern about my pay, which I had discussed with the recruiter? Deep dive into what I wanted pay wise rather than a discussion of what I would do in the job or what I had done - weird and inappropriate since I was not talking about an offer.   Answer Question

Was concerned about working for the money obsessed IT manager.

Scotts Miracle-Gro Response

Aug 18, 2014 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback on the online experience we are working to make the candidate application experience easier and faster.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

It was Very fast, every week there was a talk, first-phone screening, 2nd with Team leader, 3rd-on site interview, 4th week-result