Scotts Miracle-Gro Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotts Miracle-Gro Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy filled out application online was contacted by their recruiter about 2 weeks later. Submitted video q&a. Met with area and regional managers for interview. Interview took about an hour and was very well structured. Didn't get the job was notified about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What experience would you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Scotts Miracle-Gro

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

The phone interview was over before it started, the first question was "Are you a tobacco user" in which I reply "yes" as soon as I said that the recruiter stated Scotts was a tobacco free workplace and immediately terminated the conversation. It would have been nice if that policy was stated in the job posting so good qualified people don't apply for a job that does not want them.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Interview

Initial phone interview asking basic questions about self and pass employment. Second interview I was flown out to area applied for had to prepare a business development powerpoint and defend it. Also had to explain how I would successfully run my territory business.

Interview Questions

• Two days before the interview they send you a prompt and ask you to develop a business model off of a little information provided in email.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me an offer and told me about perks and relocation. It was a fair offer so I accepted immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Great individual interview process. There was a lot of engagement within the Regional Vice President to thoroughly conduct a comprehensive interview that detailed the following: Job role and responsibility, culture, and what a day in the life of a manager consists of.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were put in a position that was difficult and how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

I had 8 different interviews prior to being offered the position. Two of interviews were in person and the others were via the phone. Once I was offered the position the background check took three weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take the offer or not.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

They question you on everything from your first job to your current status and future goals. A great company with an interesting business model for the field sales teams. The Sales Managers all work together to be successful. They want motivated and hungry people who aren't afraid to work 70 hours a week during the 100 days of hell in busy season.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years with this company?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle yourself in an extreme situation with co-workers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate tuition reimbursement immediately instead of a trial offer. The salary and bonus was a huge improvement so who was I to argue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Cleveland, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview went well, mostly simple background questions. Second interview with Dist. Mgr and the person who previously held the open position (he was recently promoted). I thought the interview went very well, more in depth questions about work history, future plans, some situational questions but nothing drastic or uncomfortable. I thought it all went well but a "thanks, but no thanks"e-mail a few days later crushed my hopes. Too bad. Seemed like a nice place to work. Interviewers were very nice and professional without being stuffy. Company has good reputation for career advancement. I think they're after young employees who want to start climbing that corp ladder.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours (60+/wk) during the busy season (Spring, early Summer)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. 3 interviews. District manager helped guide me along. Very respectful and understanding. Conducted in a restaurant setting. Low lighting. I came prepared with notes and a full understanding of what the job entailed. I was confident I had the qualifications needed to get the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was the same across the board. No negotiating