Scout24 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Scout24 Interview Questions

Interviews at Scout24

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scout24 in April 2019.

Interview

I was approached by an external recruiter. Did the first interview with a team lead/manager. It was a good conversation to know a bit of the project, the role and how the teams worked. Then I was approved to the next phase. A recruiter gave me a test assignment but before I started the assignment I was told it was not necessary since this test was for an entry-level position and they would like to ask questions in person so I advanced to the next phase.
    The next interview lasted about 4 hours in their office. The first batch was with the HR, the team lead and another manager. The second batch was with the team I was supposed to work with. It started with simple questions and it evolved to some other more complex questions about the technologies involved. Not tricky or misleading questions, but things that a senior developer should be at least aware of how most of the technologies we use works behind the curtains. Since I was struggling with some language barrier and I was a bit nervous I did some goofy mistakes. Some answers also led to different and more complex questions. For example, they asked to describe a project in a given tech stack. I gave an explanation on the theory, providing diagrams on how the whole stack would work but in the end, they just wanted to know how would I organize the code (folder structure). Since I brought other topics in the discussion they went there and asked me to explain these advanced topics in detail.
    A few days later I was invited to a final interview with one of the VPs. It was a nice conversation, I thought they expected me to have questions to him so I asked about some things that were mentioned in the other interviews and also in the careers portal.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scout24 (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

4 step interview process:
    - half-hour phone call with HR, talked about job, cv, etc.
    - half-hour Skype call with team manager
    - take-home challenge: implement some simple project
    - on-site interview: 1 hour with HR and manager; 1 hour with manager and engineers talking about the take-home project
    - received offer few days later

Everyone involved was very nice and excited to meet me. Sadly I had to decline the offer, as I received a better offer somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Explain your process when tackling the take-home challenge!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scout24 in April 2012.

Interview

First a phone interview to check my background knowledge, then invited me to the company to take a person interview, asked me some technical questions and asked what field I am good at. A third personal interview with the development head and an HR. Also some technical questions and some general open questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of unit tests framework you have used in your work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

casual

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scout24 (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2017.

Interview

An interview with HR, normal one to see that I am a human and explain me about the company, benefits etc and the rest of the interview process.
    Second interview with a technical manager and a developer. This one to go through my job experience. Enough space to ask questions on both sides and make sure everybody is on the same page. Of course this one as well to explain me technical details about the role.
    Third one was a technical assignment where it was given 4 days to solve. For personal reasons I could use only 2 days but was enough.
    Fourth a technical on site to review the assignment, and do a couple more of discussion, improvements, get to know the company, people, culture.

Everything was clear, very professional, very well organized. The company looks great, has good benefits, lots of space to grow professionally and improve your career. Not only the technical side looks great but the human part looks very good, people look interested in you, they care about each other and they want to make sure you have everything to do a good job.

Unfortunately, for personal reasons, I had to refuse accepting the offer but the company looks great. If it was close to where I am living now I would accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Normal very reasonable technical questions. I will put "average" as the interview difficulty but it was well structured so that you can respond until your technical level. The more you know, the more you can respond.
      Things I liked compared to other interview process, here you were expected to use for the technical assignment 3rd party libraries, framework, etc "as much as you can", giving justifications of course. You never had to write your own XYZ library, which you never do in "real life".   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scout24 (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2019.

Interview

The first interview was on a phone call. After that, the company wanted to get a feedback from me if I am still interested in that position. In the second step, meeting in person at the office. Afterwards, the company got back to me in one week and wanted to get a feedback on a call. However even though I wanted to give my feedback, they didn't give me a call and didn't reply to my last e-mail.

Interview Questions

• What were the biggest challenges in your professional and personal life?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scout24 (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

At first there was a telephone call followed by two personell meetings, one including a presentation. The whole process was very respectfull and in an open, warm atmosphere. I was introduced to the main tasks and to the other team members. The offer-process was also very transparent and fast.

Interview Questions

• Describe a potential recruiting strategy in a fast growing company   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wünnewil-Flamatt (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scout24 (Wünnewil-Flamatt (Switzerland)) in January 2019.

Interview

Weird circumstance, as they advertised something and eventually wanted something else.. job was posted in English and for Zurich, but they rejected me after 3 rounds because they wanted someone in Flamatt (village between Bern and Fribourg) and speaking mainly German.. I had an initial phone interview, then was asked to go there for a 2nd round, and then, after they shared their concerns about location/language, they still invited me for a 3rd interview in their offices.. I then had a round with 4 managers/directors, a test (like we're in university again, or even high school.. price elasticity, draw shapes and respond to questions with a few sentences) and then a presentation to all the team, followed by a round of questions. Weird feeling, they (as they said to me explicitly) did not even know what level the role should be in, so they could not tell me beforehand, or discuss salary bands etc.. all in all, I would say a fresh and fun company, but on the amateur side and pretending to be 'google' at the same time!

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience, talking through the CV etc. In the last round, it was a thorough compiled test, on actual Scout24-specific cases (that an outsider or at least without experience in online ecommerce wouldn't know of - luckily I did), different strategic or more specific questions, followed by a Powerpoint presentation (30', which then they cut as i was presenting) and round-table questions from managers and directors, with HR present.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scout24 (Berlin (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

Call with HR | Call with Technology Head | Call with Engineering Managers | Onsite
    About the onsite:
    #Lack of innovation, they quote AWS as a key-word
    #Bad communication skills, they should improve their English
    #They didn't know about the onsite agenda and didn't prepare it in advance./

After the meeting I didn't receive any feedback from HR. I send an email and I got an automatic message back saying the contacted person is not with scout24 anymore...

I took that as lack of organisational skills, of interest in me, and of professionalism.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scout24 (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter and she would introduce me to the company.
    After some days a had a call with a manager and everything was nice and he gave me a very nice impression about the company.
    After a while they asked me to do a code challenge that was ok. And then they invited me to the last steps in the office.
    20 minutes before the interview they called me and asked me to postpone it because they were not ready. That was just frustrating, because I took the day off because of that interview and it was cancelled in so short notice
    After some days I went to their office and had around 2~3 hours interviews.
    One with the HR + the manager with mostly questions about the way a like to work and how I see myself in the future.
    After this, I had an interview with the rest of the team with mostly questions about infrastructure and software engineering, that was nice. They told me they would come back to me within some days and after around a week they said they were looking for someone with more seniority.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scout24 (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with mostly easy questions. The interviewer was really nice, the conversation was very friendly. They asked a few questions about Scout24, what does a PM do.

Interview Questions

• How does Scout24 make revenue?   1 Answer