Scribe America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Scribe America (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. Ask a few questions about background, asked a few medical terminology questions, and took a typing test. I was asked about 5 medical terms and I answered all correctly. I was able to take the typing test 3 times, thinking this was to average times. There were also behavioral questions asked.

Interview Questions

• How does a medical scribe help a physician?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have not negotiated yet.

Medical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scribe America (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Typical interview questions. The interview was at local Starbucks because the clinic was closed. The interviewer was friendly, appeared she needed a quota to fill for hires. The interview concluded with a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scribe America (San Luis Obispo, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Online submission of initial application followed by email contact in order to set up interview time. They block schedule the interviews so that you will go through a general informational meeting with ~4 other applicants. They overview their company history, mission, and values, then explain what will be expected of the scribe position. After the group informational they perform 1-on-1 interviews with each of the applicants. Standard questions about your resume and common strength/weakness questions too. Also asked situational questions about when you had to deal with conflict or an difficult group member.

Interview Questions

• They wanted a full year commitment because you must first go through 2 months of training.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scribe America (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2011.

Interview

There was 1 group interview and 1 peronsal inteview which were conducted on the same day. Prior to the interviews there was a brief presentation which provided the interviewee with general information regarding the company.

Medical Scribe Interview

Interview

The interview was straight forward. They asked me what I thought are the duties of an average medical scribe? My strengths and weaknesses? What are the qualities one should have to be a scribe? what I think I will gain from this position. Make sure you have some questions to ask too. Read the pamphlet, they took a pop quiz from the medical terminology section. Be confident and cheerful and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• You came to your shift and your laptop is not working. What are your next steps?   1 Answer

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scribe America in September 2014.

Interview

After applying online, had to wait a week or two to get a response. They are really good about informing you about no job opening and the few that are available. But they require an instant (literally instant) response, so you have to check your email daily or you miss it. One location asked me to submit a secondary application before the end of Sunday. But I didn't check my emails that weekend and missed it. Another place wanted me to schedule an interview via google-doc and I did. But when i got to the place the guy said I was supposed to sign up for it before a certain deadline that was NEVER mentioned in my email. But the guy was nice and said he had an opening for an interview 2hours later, so if i wanted to I could wait. I waited, since I commuted 1hr 30mins to get to this place. Before meeting this interviewer guy I waited at HR and tried to get in contact with him. I was 15mins early to the interview (the one I thought i had scheduled with google-doc) and I didn't get a hold of him for 1hr. Once contact was successful he told me that he specifically said in some mysterious email (that I never got) he said not to go to HR. So that's two strikes for me, even before the interview because I never got these so called emails. After the interview he said he'd get back to me by friday (it's been 2weeks and I'm still waiting). I wrote an email to the guy thanking him for his time and what not after the interview in case he had the wrong email address for me, or something. But no response, no nothing. I have no complaints about the guy, he was very sweet, very nice, and very professional. But this email failure is a bit ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Seeing how I have interview set up problems, I think by the time it came to interview me he just didn't care. He already had it set in his mind that i'm out, and I could feel it. The only questions he said me were "tell me about yourself","on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate your computer skills", and "do you have any questions for me" (this one he has like 2 or 3 times). The interview is supposed to be 30mins but can run a bit short. The person before me got the full 30mins, mine was like 10-15mins only.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Scribe America (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a quick phone interview that lasted about ten to fifteen minutes. The interviewer asked a series of questions about why I wanted to be a scribe and past experience with healthcare. The interviewer gave me a brief description about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scribe America (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The process for me took its time. I applied online and after I believe a month I received an email saying that they are conducting interviews at certain time slots. The interview was one on one and very professional. Since I was applying in Florida a demand to have this job, especially for premed students, was very high, so I had to wait around a week later to hear from them. I got notified that I was offered the job. Everything was email based, even the links to fill out the first time hire paperwork.
    As for the 1:1 interview, it was okay. There were a lot of questions and they really make you dig into your memory bank. Overall, they look at when you're able to work and how determined you are to provide exceptional work.

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scribe America.

Interview

The interview with the scribe america project leader in my area was very easy and straightforward. I applied online and got an interview within a few days, and the official job offer about 3 days after the interview. I did not feel much pressure like other interviews I've been on. It was not intimidating or scary. Typical interview questions were asked. I really appreciated the turn-around time of this company. I've been left hanging at other companies before which is discouraging.

Interview Questions

• Experience, typical interview questions, typing test, med terms, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scribe America (Mission Viejo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

She asked me to describe what a scribe is, then asked one situational question. After that it was mostly a lot of informal discussion about the position and the general requirements.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were criticized and how did you react?   1 Answer