Scripps Networks Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and conversational. They wanted to know about my experiences in school and in my past jobs. It was a 2:1 interview, so there were two interviewers. It was pretty short in duration also. They made me feel very comfortable and truly did not ask many questions at all. They had thoroughly looked at my resume before the interview.

Learning Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Professional, cordial and conversational interview process. Wasn't simply a dry, behavioral-based interview conversation. Polite and accommodating hosts. Three rounds of interviews. Opportunity to met with CHRO, VPs, hiring manager and potential colleagues. All had thoroughly reviewed my resume in advance. Culture focused. Looking for masters of relationships, executional excellence, agility and trendsetting. Interviewers were very open about their view of the company, the culture, current challenges, and aspirations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given responsibility for something you didn't have the corresponding level of authority.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went beyond the scope of your job to identify and solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to build a positive relationship with a difficult person?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you had competing priorities with multiple stakeholders?   Answer Question

Ad Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with HR, the manager and the SVP. All asked about my previous work experience in relation to the job description. Everyone was very friendly and down to earth which made you very comfortable with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenge that I had to overcome at any of my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The interview was fairly conversational and not as intimidating as I expected. I had three interviews, and each interviewer asked the standard questions. However, there was a long waiting period to hear back about whether or not I would receive an offer.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

My University posted the internship opportunity with at contact on career portal. Emailed the recruiter my resume and then had an easy 15 minute interview over skype. Then had an in-person interview with the head of ad sales. Relatively straight forward interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. He was very unprofessional, he didn't call on time and kept changing the time of our scheduled interview. However, the interview went well and he informed me that he would like to move forward with an in-person interview with the hiring manager. He said he would email me with the times. I followed up with him multiple times to schedule the interview. He never responded. I received an automatic rejection months later. I found this recruiter to be extremely unprofessional and dragged me along for months.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a great phone interview with HR then didn't hear back for 2 weeks despite me following up. Then had two great in person interviews where they made me feel like I was a top contender and would absolutely be hearing back soon. A month and a half later after multiple attempts to contact HR, I followed up with the hiring manager who confirmed (a week after my email) I had not been selected.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Phoneton, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

One recruiter called and set up interview to be conducted the following day. Another recruiter called and conducted the interview. He basically told me what Scripps Network was about and description of position, potential for advancement, etc. He did most of the talking. I had several inquiries as well. The recruiter was not from Scripps but contracted out as independent recruiter. What was my salary requirements. That was it. Nothing about my work experience or education or skills. Didn't ask me to tell me about myself. He said he would pass my name along to hiring manager -- that process would be completed in about 2 weeks. Never heard back or got "dear John" letter.

Interview Questions

• What type of salary are you looking for.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The interview process was actually not as bad as I had heard. I met with the supervisor that I would be working for along with the one other employee in that group and then I met with the supervisor's manager briefly. The first time I interviewed, they actually offered the position to another candidate who had a little more experience than me. It turns out that almost one year exactly later, that individual left to pursue other options. I was approached by the original staffing agency to see if I was still interested in the position. A quick follow-up phone interview with the supervisor later and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• It was the typical work history questions, professional experience as well as a few technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I started with a salary request which was within the range specified for the position. The manager countered with a reasonable offer which I then accepted.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Very welcoming but asked some tough questions. The interview was conducted on site in Knoxville by two people that were over the department. After the interview I was given a tour of the facilities which were vey nice. Really wanted you to relax so that they could really get to know you. Great experience and would recommend any one to Scripps.

Interview Questions

• What type of people do you not get along with?
      What are you doing to work on your greatest weakness?
      Answer Question