Scripps Networks Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.7

Ad Sales Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the job and heard back from the Director, IASM right away. Met the next day for the interview and it went very well. I called them the next day to let them know I had another offer from Hearst, but would rather work for Scripps. I was called back later that day with an offer and took the position.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the company? Do I watch the networks? Discussion of various network personalities and what was something I didn't like? .   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

Interview

The interview process was quick but thorough. It took a total of 4 days from the day I applied to the day I was offered the position. I met one-on-one with my direct supervisor who was really great about communicating the job description and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What are some other systems you've worked with in the past?   1 Answer

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and conversational. They wanted to know about my experiences in school and in my past jobs. It was a 2:1 interview, so there were two interviewers. It was pretty short in duration also. They made me feel very comfortable and truly did not ask many questions at all. They had thoroughly looked at my resume before the interview.

Learning Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Professional, cordial and conversational interview process. Wasn't simply a dry, behavioral-based interview conversation. Polite and accommodating hosts. Three rounds of interviews. Opportunity to met with CHRO, VPs, hiring manager and potential colleagues. All had thoroughly reviewed my resume in advance. Culture focused. Looking for masters of relationships, executional excellence, agility and trendsetting. Interviewers were very open about their view of the company, the culture, current challenges, and aspirations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given responsibility for something you didn't have the corresponding level of authority.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went beyond the scope of your job to identify and solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to build a positive relationship with a difficult person?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you had competing priorities with multiple stakeholders?   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I first applied for Scripps through their online portal. I did not hear back from the team for a while, maybe 3 weeks or so. Next I received an email asking my availability. I received a phone call a few days later asking me a bit about myself and my experience. I was then invited to interview with the overseeing manager and director the following Friday. I received my offer the next Monday and began a few days later. I believe the application process had been stalled by the internal system because once contact between the manager and myself began, the hiring process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a little bit about your writing experience?   Answer Question

Ad Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with HR, the manager and the SVP. All asked about my previous work experience in relation to the job description. Everyone was very friendly and down to earth which made you very comfortable with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenge that I had to overcome at any of my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The interview was fairly conversational and not as intimidating as I expected. I had three interviews, and each interviewer asked the standard questions. However, there was a long waiting period to hear back about whether or not I would receive an offer.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

My University posted the internship opportunity with at contact on career portal. Emailed the recruiter my resume and then had an easy 15 minute interview over skype. Then had an in-person interview with the head of ad sales. Relatively straight forward interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. He was very unprofessional, he didn't call on time and kept changing the time of our scheduled interview. However, the interview went well and he informed me that he would like to move forward with an in-person interview with the hiring manager. He said he would email me with the times. I followed up with him multiple times to schedule the interview. He never responded. I received an automatic rejection months later. I found this recruiter to be extremely unprofessional and dragged me along for months.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a great phone interview with HR then didn't hear back for 2 weeks despite me following up. Then had two great in person interviews where they made me feel like I was a top contender and would absolutely be hearing back soon. A month and a half later after multiple attempts to contact HR, I followed up with the hiring manager who confirmed (a week after my email) I had not been selected.