Seagate Technology Interview Questions in Bloomington, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.6

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Oct 2016 and interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in Jan 2017.
    Phone interview easy questions like what do you know about the company or introduce your background that fits in the position. A week later, I got the offer.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The company contacted me for a design engineer position. Had a brief phone interview with manager, then had on-site Interview a week later at Seagate, Bloomington, MN. Interview started from 8am to about 3pm. First gave a presentation about research to whole group, then had one-to-one interview with 8 people, including engineer, principal engineer, and manager, half an hour each.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Straight forward interview process:
    - Phone interview with supervisor and people from human resource
    - Skype interview with one team member. Was asked to write some codes while sharing skype screen to interviewer
    - On site interview with team members, technical questions. 1 on 1 with each team members for 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• - Markov models
      - Sensor data
      - Predicting time-to-failure best approach
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat down with three people and was questioned on my experience. They didn't ask to many questions. Nothing tricky was asked of me. They expected me to talk a lot without being questioned about things. They didn't email me back till I emailed them asking about the status so watch out for that

Advanced Analytics Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with Program/Project Managers, then two rounds of on-site interviews. The first on-site required an analytical presentation to the group based upon a previous analysis I had developed and delivered. Second on-site was a 30 minute meeting with the Senior Director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received pushback from a partner and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the highest level of stakeholder you've presented to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated base salary, had no set time table for negotiations other than a highly suggested start date.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

One interview then got an offer in 10 minutes after I hung up with my interviewer. Process was really simple. The recruiter was really good and so was the interviewer so I guess I got really lucky.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Standard tech questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

I sat down with three people and they asked me questions about the job I was applying for. It was a pretty relaxing interview. The main boss who was interviewing me showed me around the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I owned a western digital hard drive. It was nice that they joked around.   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

First had a phone interview with the hiring manager, asked me if I knew what seagate was/what they did, my interest in it/why I applied, and my previous experience on my resume. Then asked if I had questions (You should have questions don't say "No, not really").

Heard back within a week and had an in person interview on site.. this was relaxed with 3 staff engineers and they again went through my resume and my accomplishments. Asked what I liked to do for fun, why I want to be an engineer, and then again asked if I had questions about Seagate.
    Hired within the week. Then got a tour of the campus.

career fair resume handed to recruiter (9/20)
    Intern opportunity email (10/15)
    phone interview (10/17) 15 min
    on site interview (11/5) 1.5 hour
    Job offer (11/11)

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to us a time when you troubleshot a problem and fixed it? What steps did you take and how did you resolve this issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary or start date.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Was screened by a recruiter and then invited for several face to face interviews. There were 3 back to back interviews - started with a technical panel, followed by a more detailed interview by the hiring manager and then eventually the senior director who provided the background while giving me the tour of the place. The process was very efficient and the offer was communicated later in the same week. It was also extremely unique.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked technical background and experience and approach in deployment   Answer Question

Intern III - Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied pretty late into the semester and took them a month to get back to me for an interview. I got a small phone interview with HR to discuss about school, experience, and quick background. Then I got two face to face interview the next week.

The first interview was with the same HR person. He asked me the same questions along with a quick overview on my resume. He asked me very high-level technical questions, nothing hard at all. Later told me it was just a warm-up interview to get my brain thinking and my facts straight. Very nice guy!

The second interview was with the two hiring managers. The interview was straight forward; asked a LOT of behavioral questions, and light technical questions. It seems like they focused more on your attitude, personality, and how well can you fit in with their team rather than your skills.

Got a response the next week.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions, a lot of it was behavioral questions. Be prepared to use the STAR technique.
      The most technical question I got from them (not-so technical in my opinion) was "How do you change permissions of a folder in Linux OS?"
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations; based on year in school