Seagate Technology Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seagate Technology Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Milpitas, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was on schedule, professional, cordial, efficient. Interviewers did not test me, showed their respect and confident in their own judgement. Treated me like a colleague already. Very pleasant work place environment. Gave me the impression that they mean business, don't fool around, expect you to do the job well.

Interview Questions

• About prior experience. Some related technical questions. About my career goals. About life and hobbies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Seagate Technology

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in January 2009.

Interview

technically good people.

Interview Questions

• difficult situation handling   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO) in August 2011.

Interview

I received a call to schedule a Phone interview. The phone interview was positive. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview. Hiring manager could not make it once I was onsite. I was called again to have a second in person interview with Engineering team members, Marketing team members(not all showed) and Sr. Director. Interview was approx.. 3.5 hours and was again positive. HR was quick to schedule these interviews, then the followup was not there until I requested an update by email with the response of "our update will be provided by the end of the week (4 days time) either way". Never received the promised courtesy update that week. Sent an email the following week asking for a status and was told the position was downgraded to an entry level position, but Thanked me for my time and encouraged me to keep Seagate in mind for future job opportunities..................

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult one, but fun..... How many 7's are there between 0 and 100   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

Typical. Interview with 3-4 people. Hiring Manager, Director, 1-2 colleagues, and an HR representative

Interview Questions

• Sometimes there is a proof question to an engineering theory. Depends on if the interviewer wants to show off their technical skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Seagate does not negotiate. If they do for some reason, it is within 10% of offer.

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

Telephone call 30 mins than schedule an on-site interview. 6 people on the on-site interview, each for 30 mins. Asked all about technical questions and resume go over.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Initially had a preliminary interview with HR, asking basic questions about my background. Was invited for an in person interview. The in person consisted of meeting with 4 different people, each individually. They each asked the same questions about my background, work experience, projects etc. Followed up a week later with HR to get a status update on the interview process and got no response, waited over a week and emailed again with no response. So I waited another week then emailed the manager who I interviewed with and got no response. To drive 3 hours each way for the interview only to not even get a response back is very disappointing, even if I didn't get the job they should have the decency to respond or let me know.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I had a quick phone interview that was your typical HR phone screen. I met with the manager and some teammates and got a tour. I got an offer very quickly. There was about a 1 week background check process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

To lengthy with too many people and different times. They all had the same questions to ask, so why not just get everyone in the room at one time

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

3 phone interviews and 1-day onsite interview.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

One on one with the hiring manager. We got along really well so it went really smooth. It was more like talking to a friend than an actual super technical interview. It was a lot more relaxed than I expected, but it was really nice to not be super stressed about it.