Seagate Technology Firmware Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seagate Technology Firmware Engineer II Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

I do not like the recruiting process. Applying online does not always result in call backs even though you are qualified. I believe there is a disconnect between the HR and hiring teams. So if you can try to get in touch with an engineer.

Interview Questions

• For me it was a behavioral question about designing a spice rack for a visually impaired chef.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. Since I was aa new hire there was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Seagate Technology

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN).

Interview

I passed on my resume to a director in firmware engineering at the career fair and I got a call back from him in a couple of days. Initially there was a phone interview in which he asked me a few questions about my projects and work experience and then a few technical questions. Then he scheduled for an onsite interview. There were 6 rounds - first three were with 2 Engineering Managers/directors for each round. They drilled a lot about my past work experience and projects (one should be thorough with each line in the resume). One round was technical assessment in C (standard C questions, code snippets and expected output, macros, pointers, arrays, structures, storage class specifiers). Next round was with a couple of technical people who catch you off guard with difficult questions and try to push you out of your comfort zone. Last round was with HR.

They not only test your technical skills but also your over all personality. There were a lot of behavioral questions and they expect honest answers and a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Some unexpected questions about one of my academic projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Very positive, and very well organized. HR was very prompt and helpful. I submitted my resume in the university.
    One phone screening followed by onsite interview which lasted for 4 hours.

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone call screening, then on-site panel interviews of 90-minutes total, visiting different teams for 15-minutes each. More technical teams asked more difficult questions, particularly asking about resume projects. Dress was casual, so dress slightly above causal.
    The interviewer was a very nice person. First got a call from HR for scheduling the phone screen. He was understanding of my time constraints. Got back the result in a week.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, check if they’re anagrams or not; Github project questions   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Pune (India)).

Interview

Written test of questions on C, output of assembly code/ C code - 1/2 hour.
    Written test to write C code for the given problem statement (3 problem statements) - 10 mins, 10 mins and 15 mins respectively.
    Followed by face to face technical interview

Interview Questions

• Written test - function to print Pascal's triangle when user inputs the no. of rows.
      e.g. when no. of rows is entered as 5, expected is -