Cover image for Seagate Technology

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Seagate Technology Firmware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 469 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

one round of interview with the HR, and then one more interview with the hiring manager. Interview was done via video call and overall a good process. To be perfectly honest, I think there was no technical interview that was done, so the entire process feels a bit lacking. However, the people were nice.

Interview Questions
  • past projects? courses taken in school?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN) in Jan 2019

Interview

Received a call from an HR person who asked few basic questions regarding firmware experience, salary expectations, and location. After a week or so, the hiring manager gave a call. It was a 30 min technical call of basic OS questions. A week later I was invited to their Shakopee, MN facility for an on-site interview. It was long and tiring. I went in at 10 am and got out around 5 pm. The location is awful. Had to wait 45 mins for a cab! After answering almost all technical questions correctly, with 14 people interviewing me, they still sent a reject and wouldn't explain why. What a waste of time. However, I got job offers from Qualcomm and Intel the next month so I guess I'm glad they sent me a reject ;)

Interview Questions
  • They give a C test and lots of OS, Algorithm and Comp Arch questions.

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

468.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Seagate Technology~1864
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN) in Apr 2018

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter for basic phone screening followed by call interview with Sr. Manager. He asked me some basic questions like Arrays over Linked Lists and advantages of Binary trees, basic OS questions like process scheduling and priority inversion and some other non-technical stuff. A week and a half later had an onsite interview with Senior Managers and Directors. Very nice people. Pretty laid back. They just want to know you and expect honest answers. 2 rounds technical followed by lunch followed by 2 behavioural rounds with the directors and senior managers. All technical stuff was from basic OS, debugging and comp arch. The last thing was a C test. Relatively simple for anyone straight out of college. The test contained questions on ISR, storage classes, function pointers, arrays, structs and unions, preprocessor directives and basic bit manipulation. Overall I think technical forms only about 1/4 of their selection process!

Interview Questions
  • Traversing a binary tree and another unexpected technical question based on a project on my resume which I failed to answer.

Seagate Technology

Application

I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

The process of recruitment included an online aptitude test and an online technical test which is based on the job profile. After this they also conduct Group discussion and interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2017

Interview

I got a call from HR department. She was nice before my interview. She asked me basic questions such as strength, weakness, why Seagate and why this position. After that, She asked me about visa sponsorship and I said yes. Then after she finished my interview and told me I will inform you about next steps. But I never heard from her.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in Feb 2017

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview that was very calm and positive. The interviewer was a very nice person. First got a call from HR for scheduling the phone screen. He was understanding of my time constraints. Got back the result in a week.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about projects stated in resume and some behavioral questions. The questions revolved around the projects done and basic questions on topics related to them. Also some basic C questions were asked.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Pune) in Oct 2016

Interview

- Easy to understand. - At Seagate office Kharadi, Pune. - Friendly and polite interviewers. - Enough time given to answer. - A complete day at their office. - 4 technical interviews. - Lunch offered. - No HR round conducted.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Singapore)

Interview

1) Applied online through the company career portal. 2) HR contacted 1.5 week later for an interview appointment. (in late 2010) 3) First interview: Interviewers were two experienced engineers from the hiring team. Started with brief introduction & elaboration of your past technical experience. Finished with a programming (C/C++) & IQ test (paper based). I was given 2 hours to complete around 20 questions alone in a closed room. 4) Hiring manager contacted around 2 weeks later saying i am invited for a 2nd interview. 5) Second Interview: One of the interviewer was the future manager, the other was the 2nd in command. Communication skills and personality were possibly the target of this interview. No technical questions were asked. (1 hr) 6) The manager contacted around a month later and apologized for the late response due to an oversea business trip. 7) Started working at the company 1 month later.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Standard questions: Tell me about yourself/ strength/ weakness/ achievements. Describe the most relevent project. Why are you suitable for the position. etc. 2) ~20-question technical paper test in 2 hours (C programming, logical reasoning, etc.)

Anonymous Employee in Manipal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Manipal) in Oct 2015

Interview

2 hours h/w + s/w and 2 hours aptitude test on eLitmus for screening 2 Tech Rounds + 1 HR round The interviews were pretty chilled out. All rounds were one on one and they focused more on your ability to explain the projects in your CV and your overall confidence and future plans. The selection ratio of the written test was 1:16 and in the interviews was 1:8 (overall 3 people from CS and EC branches).

Interview Questions
  • Questions on basic computer organization, memory management, differences between embedded and pc platform, etc.
  • Explain any of the projects mentioned in your CV in detail that where you feel you learnt the most.
  • HR: What are your strengths and weaknesses, how do you overcome them. Explain a particularly tricky situation in a team that you had to resolve, where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years, Plans for master's, etc.
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO)

Interview

I was called to arrange a time for a phone interview. The interviewer called and asked questions to verify some of the experience noted on my resume and to generally get an idea of how knowledgeable I was. I was later called to bring me in for an on-site interview. That interview consisted of two different panels of engineers asking technical questions, and an interview with the hiring manager to make sure I was someone he would want to work with.

Interview Questions
  • What is the worst thing the firmware can do to reduce performance on a hard drive?
1 person found this interview helpful