Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview that was very calm and positive. The interviewer was a very nice person. First got a call from HR for scheduling the phone screen. He was understanding of my time constraints. Got back the result in a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions about projects stated in resume and some behavioral questions. The questions revolved around the projects done and basic questions on topics related to them. Also some basic C questions were asked.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in February 2017.

Interview

Received a Phone Interview from a recruiter after 2 days submitted the job application. The phone interview was pretty straightforward. The recruiter basically just went over the resume, and he asked about the project and how did you get the knowledge related to the job description.

Enterprise Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Job description was very vague, therefore hard to prepare for.
    Very fast response from initial online application.
    There was no response or feedback after onsite interview.
    One of the most unprofessional recruiting team i dealt with .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Seagate? How can you help Seagate?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

There was a four week interview cycle. Had a phone screen with the hiring manager, phone interview with direct manager, and an in person with several would-be team members. Hiring manager professional and was good at keeping me in the loop with ongoing developments. In person interview was a mix of technical field related questions and assessing personality and fit to organization. Also curious about my personal goals and professional interests and plans.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would solve a database editing problem using several different tools? E.g. excel, SQL, Access, etc.   Answer Question

Product Line Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter and Interviewer were both very kind and friendly. The process was not intimidating. As long as you can over your resume in depth and show how your experiences align with the position you're applying for, you shouldn't worry.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume, why you're interested in the position you're applying for, behavioral questions. I had to answer some economics questions   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Interview

Lengthy interview process which was around 2 weeks once I heard back from recruiter. No panel interviews, just 1:1 interviews which close to a dozen managers, directors, and vp level people. Mostly situational questions and no trick questions. Very straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straightforward and easy to work with HR.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was quick to get me in for an interview on-site in their Cupertino office. However, then he didn't respond to my emails for months until I ultimately got a rejection sent from the processing system.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Oct 2016 and interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in Jan 2017.
    Phone interview easy questions like what do you know about the company or introduce your background that fits in the position. A week later, I got the offer.

Senior Magnetic Recording Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

It was good. the people are very helpful. It was a day long interview with 7 rounds and 9 people interviewed me in total. most of the rounds are one on one. Be prepared with your projects to explain them. you will get a tour of labs at the end which is nice.

Interview Questions

• write multiplication tables for given n numbers   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called for a phone screen, and given some basic programming problems, mostly standard list questions. One more phone screen with all 5 members of the team, each for 30 minutes. Three asked questions, two talked about Seagate as a company.

Interview Questions

• If there is a function on three databases throughout the world, and for some reason one database stops working, what would you do to investigate?   Answer Question
    • Basic SQL question and join. Then talking about log n of the query.   Answer Question
    • Basic scala questions on how the programming language works.   Answer Question