Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Oct 2016 and interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in Jan 2017.
    Phone interview easy questions like what do you know about the company or introduce your background that fits in the position. A week later, I got the offer.

Senior Magnetic Recording Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

It was good. the people are very helpful. It was a day long interview with 7 rounds and 9 people interviewed me in total. most of the rounds are one on one. Be prepared with your projects to explain them. you will get a tour of labs at the end which is nice.

Interview Questions

• write multiplication tables for given n numbers   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in November 2016.

Interview

I had 9 interviews. All lasting between 20 minutes and 1 hour. The interviews were all different and I knew what to expect and what to answer when I was going into the next interview. All the interviews were phone interviews, Skype, and 1 in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked skills and personality questions. I had interviews with all different people so they could understand myself and who I am. I thought there was an unnecessary amount of interviews. They should have paneled them together and not made everyone separately interview me.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called for a phone screen, and given some basic programming problems, mostly standard list questions. One more phone screen with all 5 members of the team, each for 30 minutes. Three asked questions, two talked about Seagate as a company.

Interview Questions

• If there is a function on three databases throughout the world, and for some reason one database stops working, what would you do to investigate?   Answer Question
    • Basic SQL question and join. Then talking about log n of the query.   Answer Question
    • Basic scala questions on how the programming language works.   Answer Question

Customer Insight Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a brief interview with the HR. The first round questions were general questions regarding what I do in current employment. Nothing was hard to answer. The second interview was on-site interview. Since I was traveling, they were willing to setup a video interview with two core team members.

Interview Questions

• How many 1'' cubes do you need to build a 10'' by 10'' cube, and how many unique cubes can you touch on the big cube.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a manager to interview a little over a month after I spoke with a recruiter at a job fair. Applied for the job online, had the call with the manager, and was hired about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Experience with the programming languages.   1 Answer

Senior Manager, IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

1. Phone interview by HR with detailed questionnaire on skills needed for the role
    2. Three in person interviews (technical and management questions)
    3. All skills were measured in depth
    4. Final offer was given promptly after all the interviews
    5. Salary negotiation was smooth and effective

Interview Questions

• How do you bring value to the current role if offered. How many direct reports you have managed in your previous role.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

I was interviewed via phone twice last one was excellent with the hiring manager. She and I were on completely the same page. I was invited into the company. I arrived at the time suggested and sat there for 35 minutes. The receptionist was trying very hard to be helpful however she had not been given clear directions either. Eventually the hiring manager came down to collect me and literally shouted at me as she had been waiting upstairs in the conference room. I told her that I had been there 10 minutes before the interview was due to begin. She didn't seem interested in hearing this and spoke with me briefly.
    I then met with six other individuals including one of the senior VPs. This man was incredibly rude. He kept getting up and walking around with his back to me. At one point he poured himself a glass of water but didn't offer me anything.

When I left I received an email from the recruiter telling me they would be back in touch shortly. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to be doing in 10 years time   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

They are more interested in your customers service skills than technical skills. They will train you on their products. A lot of customer service questions. Staffing agency you are required to take techical supported quiz and cystomer service quiz. When called in for interview it is with one of the managers or two. They mainly asked customers service question. How would you handle different situation with customer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customers on the phone?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Scotts Valley, CA).

Interview

Simple and easy. Applied online using internal portal. I was working as contractor and received s call very next day from recruiter and final interview within a week. Interview was with hiring manager, director and Sr Director. Got the confirmation on the same day