Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2015.

Interview

HR scheduled the first interview over the phone. It lasted for 20 minutes. General questions about my previous projects. Then 2 more rounds of technical interview on the phone in the following weeks. 2nd round was purely technical and technical situation questions were asked.This round lasted for 50 minutes. Third round was quick, few technical questions and one behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain your work at previous internship.
      2. What is the hardest bug have ever encountered ? How did you debug it ?
      3. Are you hardworking ?
      4. C, verilog and scripting technical questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Got a bunch of questions regarding resume, very technical questions. No behavioral questions. Mainly explaining what you did as described in resume. Also make sure you have some basic skills they are looking for.
    Phone interview for one round only. Got through background check. Need to discuss more with the details of the intern position.

Interview Questions

• Did you get your advisor's permission for doing the intern?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Process took over 12 weeks and never really completed. Was called for a phone interview, followed by an on campus interview. Was left on the hook for the next 10 weeks with week-late replies, until a third interview was asked to be scheduled, but never happened since they never replied, even after a couple follow up emails. Very unorganized, would not recommend.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

One interview then got an offer in 10 minutes after I hung up with my interviewer. Process was really simple. The recruiter was really good and so was the interviewer so I guess I got really lucky.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Standard tech questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, hiring manager contacted and set up a phone interview, basic questions about background and experience. HR contacted for on site interview, met hiring manager and other team member, Fairly easy consisted of situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you had to go out of the box to get something   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Fremont, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Hr contacted through mail and scheduled interview. Had an onsite interview with the team . questions were on Basic Engineering and problem solving. One round consists of Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Modeling of the DSP Block and verification plan for the same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Jose, CA).

Interview

4 people interviewed me for product development intern position

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

The whole process includes 3 rounds of phone interviews. The process is really condense, about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Ask about my previous experience and a lot of behavioral questions. But all interviewers are quite friendly. So it was a very pleasant experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for a phone interview. The interview mainly consisted questions about my projects. Some non technical questions such as have you ever had a conflict with your project mates, how did you solve it, etc.

Interview Questions

• Not many unexpected questions, almost questions were based on the projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2012.

Interview

They need a expert in solidworks which isn't so proper for me. Asked some questions according to my resume. Also some general questions.

Interview Questions

• What version of ANSYS are you using?
      What the volume of the product you used?   Answer Question