Seagate Technology Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Everyone is friendly. After a presentation, I needed to talk with each interviewer per half an hour. Some might got interested in my presentation, some would directly ask questions based on my resume, and some managers just wanted me to ask something. Almost everyone would also throw me some common questions (about teamwork, pressure, motivation) from a page which was required by HR department. Those questions are not hard to address if you prepared similar topics through google. Although Seagate did not give me an offer since bad market situation in these two years, I still encourage people to apply their positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you do if your manager or a project gave you a lot of pressure?   Answer Question
    • How would you act if your colleague had a conflict with you?   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview that was very calm and positive. The interviewer was a very nice person. First got a call from HR for scheduling the phone screen. He was understanding of my time constraints. Got back the result in a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions about projects stated in resume and some behavioral questions. The questions revolved around the projects done and basic questions on topics related to them. Also some basic C questions were asked.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Oct 2016 and interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in Jan 2017.
    Phone interview easy questions like what do you know about the company or introduce your background that fits in the position. A week later, I got the offer.

Senior Magnetic Recording Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

It was good. the people are very helpful. It was a day long interview with 7 rounds and 9 people interviewed me in total. most of the rounds are one on one. Be prepared with your projects to explain them. you will get a tour of labs at the end which is nice.

Interview Questions

• write multiplication tables for given n numbers   1 Answer

SSD Firmware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral and interviewed on-site at Shakopee,Minnesota. Got a phonecall from the senior engineering manager and had an immediate 40 minute phone interview-covered detailed discussion of resume and how it related to embedded. Onsite interview had 9 interviewers ,4 interviews over a span of 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• write code on the whiteboard in C related to strings and interrupts.   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The company contacted me for a design engineer position. Had a brief phone interview with manager, then had on-site Interview a week later at Seagate, Bloomington, MN. Interview started from 8am to about 3pm. First gave a presentation about research to whole group, then had one-to-one interview with 8 people, including engineer, principal engineer, and manager, half an hour each.

Lithography Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

there were four employees who gave me the interview. I talked with them one by one. And each one took thirty minutes. Three of them asked about techniques and one of them asked about behavior.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Straight forward interview process:
    - Phone interview with supervisor and people from human resource
    - Skype interview with one team member. Was asked to write some codes while sharing skype screen to interviewer
    - On site interview with team members, technical questions. 1 on 1 with each team members for 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• - Markov models
      - Sensor data
      - Predicting time-to-failure best approach
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat down with three people and was questioned on my experience. They didn't ask to many questions. Nothing tricky was asked of me. They expected me to talk a lot without being questioned about things. They didn't email me back till I emailed them asking about the status so watch out for that

Advanced Analytics Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with Program/Project Managers, then two rounds of on-site interviews. The first on-site required an analytical presentation to the group based upon a previous analysis I had developed and delivered. Second on-site was a 30 minute meeting with the Senior Director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received pushback from a partner and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the highest level of stakeholder you've presented to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated base salary, had no set time table for negotiations other than a highly suggested start date.