Sears Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The manager was nice. Thorough in his questioning. Didn't seem to care about the education just wanted it on the resume. Kind of ignored all the trading I've had in college.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a normal good performer who's sales start taking a negative trend.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

filled out electronic application, called into GM's office, asked if I liked gadgets, assigned to electronics. Interview took 5 minutes. I was then advised that (by the GM) I would be working with a very difficult person, which I came to realize this was an understatement...my co-worker would lie, STEAL, reverse sales and rewrite for himself and the GM would NOT take any action explaining my co-worker was black and it would look bad to fire him.

Interview Questions

• Do I like gadgets, that was the only real interview question asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviews before offer made. First was phone interview by recruiter. Second by store manager. Third by district manager. Very good questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Basically your chance to sell yourself to the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sears? What makes you a great fit for our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

not to bad work my way up. Started up from sales then moved to manager. make sure the resume is full and ready to go. It is very important to be a hard working and a people person. That always help. I did enjoy the people there and there hospitality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Overall it was fine just be confident in your answers and in no time you have the job

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in July 2015.

Interview

This was for the outlet section of sears. Went through an interview process for over a month with countless interviews finally had a interview with the regional vice president who told me I didn't have enough leadership experience even though every job I have had has had multiple leadership roles and I was a team leader in the store that I applied to. My advice is don't try and get a good job with this company unless your kissing the rvps butt or are related to him in someway

Interview Questions

• He never asked me any situational questions relating to a management position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

First there is HR recruiter reaches out to you. You will have an phone interview with district HR manager then down the pipeline,You go through it with the store manager and if you make it too the next level, you will have panel interview with couple of district mangers in that area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this job and what makes you qualify?   1 Answer

Negotiation

you can negotiate with some prior experience it's helpful and may or may not get what you want.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interview was with the store manager. The recruiter then set up an interview with the district manager It was in about a week. The district manager lived out of town.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you turned a team around that was not performing. What did you do to change the culture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Manager, told me about himself first, where he was from, what his background was, education, successes.Then I told him about myself. Asked "What is your leadership style". How do you handle big rushes in the store? I asked him about the companies 5 yr. plan.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interview consisted of two interviews. First was a face to face interview with the Store Manager; the second was an hour long phone interview with the District Manager. Interviews felt very good cop/bad cop. First one built me up, pumped me up and brought out the confidence. Second one felt like the inquisition where everything felt like the wrong thing to say.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on managing a team of hourly retail associates AND commission based associates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer that was given. I didn't want to try my hand at negotiating given that when we discussed pay initially, I had thrown out a number that was 10% higher than what I was looking for, and they immediatly matched it. Think about how much you are looking for, what you are worth, and tack on another 10%.

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Taunton, MA).

Interview

Several layers, application, psych eval test, including math and customer service, two interviews centered around culture of the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not think to negotiate