Sears Backroom Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Backroom Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Federal Way, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was great.very up front and honest. Questions pertained directly to the job. They asked me how much i could lift and i can't really lift a lot Im kinda small. I thought the job was gonna be more like moving merchandise to the floor/folding clothes but that's actually a different position.so he offered me a second interview w the loss prevention manager. She asked me a couple questions pertaining directly too the job duties.

Interview Questions

• Are you good w confrontations?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Capitola, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sears (Capitola, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I arrived ten minutes early and ran into one of the actual backroom associates rolling out a package for a customer. He called the manager over the speaker and I waited for ten minutes. The worker came across me again and he texted the manager and I waited another ten minutes. One man walked out of the backroom and gave me an odd look, then talked to the worker. He came out and greeted me with an even more astonished look on his face. Here, you interview in the job area you're applying for. He asked me what position I applied for as if I'd made a mistake in where I was.

I am a woman.

They set me in another office for about ten or fifteen minutes while they just walked around and talked to each other, then finally the real manager came and greeted me with an equally astonished look on his face. I instantly knew I was not going to be hired for the position just from the looks on their faces and the feeling of the room. He kept emphasizing having to constantly move around and all the boxes you have to carry and the "heavy" products you need to roll out to the customers.

The ones you put on a dolly that you wear a back-brace with. As if I've never worked a dolly in my life.

I've worked inventory positions before and stocking positions before and I've done cashier position before, all of which I described, and I said twice that I prefer working in the backroom. Being on the floor really agitates my social anxiety disorder and working in the back lets me have an income that I can handle. That part I didn't say for obvious reasons: I'm already a woman, talking about mental health would have certainly doomed me. I figured from the look on his face that I'd end up being recommended for the sales floor. A woman called me today and sure enough said the manager recommended me for a sale floor position.

If you're a woman in my area you better look like a man or else you probably won't get the position. The thing is, my mother is 57 years old and works at a hardware store and carries around 60 lb tubs all day and she's maybe ten pounds lighter than I am. She's the only woman who works there.

For people who don't think race and gender play into what job you get just because it says on the application "We do not discriminate", think again.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you provided outstanding customer service.
      What do you look for in a manager?
      Can't remember many of the others, but they were more basic "what did you do at your last job" kind of questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Nashua, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

I passed the initial computer application and was asked to come in for an interview. I went to the interview and it lasted no more than ten minutes. Just asked me a couple questions about my prior work and what times i would be available.

Interview Questions

• What did you do on your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Gadsden, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Had to apply online (or in store) but after that you HAVE to come in store and take their pre-employment screening test, which takes over an hour. Then after that you get a face to face interview in which they can only ask you questions from a list so the interview didn't feel very organic.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with difficult situations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Downey, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

It was a very short and sweet interview. It was the basic, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, tell me about a time..., how did you hear about the opening, what are your long term goals, where do you see yourself in five years, type interview. The interviewer made me really comfortable and not nervous at all. I got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Greensburg, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview takes place in store. Interview was simple, job offer was a formality as it is a minimum wage job working in the backroom of a Sears store. Interview consisted of a few simple questions and offer was contingent on the passing of a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a description of a time where you experienced a difficult situation at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Springfield, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

2 stage interview, first was a regular meeting with an hr person, then a tour around the workplace. the second stage involved a more in-depth interview about my background. b

Interview Questions

• do you have a criminal background?
      what hours would you be willing to work?   Answer Question

Backroom Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 3 days later. I went in for 2 interviews over 2 weeks. At the end of the 2nd interview, the woman said they would call me with a time for a 3rd interview because the store manager wasn't there. Haven't heard back since

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have helped others
      Why do you want to work at Sears?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Indiana, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Was called and invited to interview. It was a brisk 20-30 minutes. The following day met with the department lead for a tour of the backroom. Both the interviewers were very friendly and amicable, however I did not get a good impression of Sears company as a whole. They looked very understaffed and the general atmosphere was very depressing. At the end, the offer was for minimum wage, extremely variable hours ranging from 15-20 hours per week. Even if I was accepted for this position, I would have declined after the experience. Company DID NOT send any kind of email or notification informing that I wasn't selected for the job, I had to check my application status online to figure that out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Midland, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

I went to two interviews, both seemed like they went very well. The first interview I went to the man showed me around the back room, the woman I had my second interview with, Debbie, said I should hear about it in a few days either by e-mail or phone call. I ended up never hearing anything from them again.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience? Do I have reliable transportation? Why haven't i had a job before? Why do I want to work for this company?   Answer Question