Sears Backroom Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.0

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Burlington, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a basic interview process, the interviewer was very frank and her response was to the point. I had to wait for 15 mins before interview but it was alright(as I got the job).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you messed up and took responsibility for it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Backroom Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and about a week or two later I got an email from a manager saying they want to interview me.
    Interview was simple and easy. Didn't take too long either. Manager said he would email or call me the following Monday. Monday came and I didn't get anything so I emailed him back on Tuesday. No response. Gave him Wednesday to respond. Nothing. I emailed him again Thursday. No response. Weird how he has responded to my emails before, but now he decides to ignore me. I dropped it after I sent the two emails but got no reply.

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

The interview process is simple. They ask basic interview questions about your experience with customer service, working as a team, etc. I recommend that you prepare questions to ask the interviewer about the job as it shows true interest in the job and you would also know what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when a colleague needed assistance working on a project and how did you assist them without neglecting your job duties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Janesville, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I was escorted to the office area where I was greeted by the manager, Clinton Miller, who was doing all of the seasonal interviews himself. There was some friendly conversation and exchanging of pleasantries. Very well-mannered and professional, I was very impressed. He didn't do the standard interview interrogation, but he conducted the interview like a casual conversation; for example, "Why don't you just tell me about yourself? Some things you like to do for fun and what kind of jobs or work you've done in the past. I want to get to know the people we work with because at the end of the day we're a family."

He was very honest about the store's performance history and what areas they could improve in. Also gave some enlightening answers to the questions I asked. Very complimentary and he gave feedback near the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer or be creative in how you solved their problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Daytona Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

A little odd,I got a email telling me to go to sears 1 day after i applied online.They made me wait for the manager for about 10min,after that a guy took me in the back and gave me a basic interview,we determined at i would be better as a merchandising/pricing associate instead.After it was done,he said that they dont handle the HR side of things and that i should expect a online message<i guess for the next step,im not sure>.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Augusta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Backroom Associate but the manager decided to hire me as MCA. She was very friendly and laid back. This job will be a part time job for me and she decided that she didn't want to overwork me and felt like the backroom associate would be too much on a person with another job. I was actually pleased that she took this into consideration. She asked a few questions and we talked like we new each other for years. After the questions she told me right then that she was going to hire me, I asked her if this was something she had to think about or was this her final decision because I had another interview somewhere else the next day. She told me to call them and tell them that I've accepted a job at Sears!

Interview Questions

• 1. Are you capable of working alone?
      2. Do you set goals everyday? If so do you meet these goals and deadlines?
      3. Do you work well with others or alone?
      4. Availability
      5. Any retail or merchandising experience?
      6. Are you able to upsell, are you comfortable with asking people to open credit accounts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Rockford, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Meet with manager in employment office, talk/answer questions about job duties, your availability, and salary. This is apparently half how they tell if you are right for this job, the other half is your skills/qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Are there any duties in this position that you would rather not perform?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Indiana, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Was called and invited to interview. It was a brisk 20-30 minutes. The following day met with the department lead for a tour of the backroom. Both the interviewers were very friendly and amicable, however I did not get a good impression of Sears company as a whole. They looked very understaffed and the general atmosphere was very depressing. At the end, the offer was for minimum wage, extremely variable hours ranging from 15-20 hours per week. Even if I was accepted for this position, I would have declined after the experience. Company DID NOT send any kind of email or notification informing that I wasn't selected for the job, I had to check my application status online to figure that out.

Backroom Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 3 days later. I went in for 2 interviews over 2 weeks. At the end of the 2nd interview, the woman said they would call me with a time for a 3rd interview because the store manager wasn't there. Haven't heard back since

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have helped others
      Why do you want to work at Sears?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cutler Ridge, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Cutler Ridge, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Did an application got a call back the same day, came in about 3 days later for my interview.The interview was fairly easy , they asked very simple questions it shouldn't be too difficult if you been interview before. Got the job on the spot , was giving papers to take for the drug test and waited for the background. I'll say the whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you was face with a difficult issue and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question