Sears Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Overall, a negative experience, mostly due to the incompetence of their HR. I had two phone interviews (one with HR, one with the hiring manager) and then one on-site interview in HQ.

Everything was OK until the on-site interview. I was told by the contact person in HR that I would get a response a week later.

After that, things got weird. For the next 4 weeks, I asked for an update, and I was told that the decision would be made next week, then the other week, then the following week, etc. together with a few apologies. HR person ignored my e-mails a few times, and sounded pretty unaware of their own hiring process at times.

After a month of trying, I never got a final response and stopped asking. I had taken a day off from work and flew to Chicago for this interview, I thought at least I deserved and answer (simple yes or no).

Sorry to say this, but given this incompetence, it doesn't surprise me that they are on a downwards spiral. Serious companies actually take hiring process very seriously. I was rejected by other companies before, but never had a negative feeling towards them. This one was exceptionally bad.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied directly online to a Sears Holdings job board listing. After a week or so I go an email from the recruiter and then we did a phone screen. Then I had a phone screen with the highering manager then did a face to face with two directors in the team in which the job would report to. After a week I got a call from the recruiter for an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience as it pertains to this job?
      Questions that evaluate your ability to think analytically and strategical.
      I was given a case study and short assessment similar to standardized testing math questions and a writing prompt.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Interview

One short case interview followed by a fit interview all on college campus. After you receive offer they fly you out to take a look and see if you are interested.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Two 1:1 30-minute interviews. First was behavioral then a 30 minute case. Only one round of interviews, which was nice. The case question has something to do with the retail industry, a typical undergraduate case question, in my opinion. They got back to me with the hiring decision soon after.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

30 mins case, 30 mins behavioural. Interviewers were friendly and wanted you to do well and have a good time. Very standard behavioural interview - know your resume well and have a pleasant conversation and you should be fine. Case was on their actual business issue, which was pretty cool. Nothing unexpected: Knowing the firm and understanding the industry would help the case a lot.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round interview process is conducted by two interviewers and lasts an hour. The first interview consists of behavioral questions which are pretty typical then a short 10-minute case. Then a second interview is conducted by a different person and is a 30-minute case.

Interview Questions

• Short market sizing case question was about an uncommon industry   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears in October 2014.

Interview

Took 1 week. Applied through University campus website and was selected for a face-to-face interview. Started with a review of my resume and then conducted a case study on if Sears should include a certain fridge in their stores. Afterwords there were some fit questions and the interviewer asked why I wasn't applying for HR because he thought I would do well there.

Interview Questions

• Should Sears include a mid-range fridge in a specific holding store?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Dropped my resume into the career center, had two 30 minute interviews-one behavioral and one case. They never got back to me so I assume that I didnt get it.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview was quick and very straight forward. There were two parts to the interview and I met with a different employee for each one: one case and one fit both lasting around the same time. The fit interview was basic - around six questions, all very standard. The case was not bad either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience that showed your integrity.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Campus Recruit came to talk individuals that they had picked out. The interviewer looked like he just graduated college. He gave the usual shakedown but didn't seem like he in a position to hire or even consider me. Asked me case studies and seemed more interested in getting out of the room than hiring. Had no opportunities to review my resume and just jumped right into a case study.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting a case study right off the bat.   1 Answer