Sears Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Two back-to-back interviews. One interview was focused around the resume and behavioral questions and then another case interview.

Interview Questions

• What logical process would you pursue to consider whether it would be profitable to put one of our product lines in another retail store?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

the whole process took forever

Application

Interview

The interview was quick and very straight forward. There were two parts to the interview and I met with a different employee for each one: one case and one fit both lasting around the same time. The fit interview was basic - around six questions, all very standard. The case was not bad either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience that showed your integrity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was brought into a room with 4 people, many of which were on their phones replying to business e-mails. I was asked about my experience in the industry, what kind of projects I have worked with, etc. They asked me how familiar I was with B2C websites and what experience I had and with what platforms.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to verbally walkthrough the selection through checkout on a site like Amazon when purchasing an item.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Went through a recruiter, so it was already predetermined.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Campus Recruit came to talk individuals that they had picked out. The interviewer looked like he just graduated college. He gave the usual shakedown but didn't seem like he in a position to hire or even consider me. Asked me case studies and seemed more interested in getting out of the room than hiring. Had no opportunities to review my resume and just jumped right into a case study.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting a case study right off the bat.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round interview process is conducted by two interviewers and lasts an hour. The first interview consists of behavioral questions which are pretty typical then a short 10-minute case. Then a second interview is conducted by a different person and is a 30-minute case.

Interview Questions

• Short market sizing case question was about an uncommon industry   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Dropped my resume into the career center, had two 30 minute interviews-one behavioral and one case. They never got back to me so I assume that I didnt get it.

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with two company associates who were alumni of my university. One was a behavioral interview and the other was a case interview. The interviewers were relaxed. Make sure to have a good reason for why you want to be part of the program and why you want to join the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for this program.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears in October 2014.

Interview

Took 1 week. Applied through University campus website and was selected for a face-to-face interview. Started with a review of my resume and then conducted a case study on if Sears should include a certain fridge in their stores. Afterwords there were some fit questions and the interviewer asked why I wasn't applying for HR because he thought I would do well there.

Interview Questions

• Should Sears include a mid-range fridge in a specific holding store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Two 1:1 30-minute interviews. First was behavioral then a 30 minute case. Only one round of interviews, which was nice. The case question has something to do with the retail industry, a typical undergraduate case question, in my opinion. They got back to me with the hiring decision soon after.