Sears Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in January 2014.

Interview

It was quick and painless, but interviewer seemed disinterested. It was frustrating because after interviewing for a cashier position, they pressured me into another role that I wasn't interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Asked question pertaining to the position. Math problems were quizzed. Simple addition and subtraction. It was simple for the most part. There were two individuals asking the questions, a manager and assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• Math questions since the job was for a cashier.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

the process took a long time(3 weeks) They didnt make me do a drug test or anything like that so i dont know why it took so long, just did. The interview was really easy.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Stockton, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively quick as I received a follow-up email to schedule an interview the day after applying. The hiring process entailed three interviews, with the last one being a group interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a customer on our Sears credit card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Omaha, NE) in November 2017.

Interview

It was easy and brief. They just asked the standard interview questions. They asked questions about my school life since i am still in high school and it was my first job.

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Bowie, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Ask questions about selling, they call you in, they hire people with no experience, be sure to ask about the credit cards, Im not sure who is there in management. But they are not intimidating. Its a 1 on 1 interview. I was hired on the spot with no experience and excelled. Its a lot of commission potential and based rate pay.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears in October 2014.

Interview

Simple and to the point. They call you for a phone interview then do a one on one interview with the managers. They ask the typical questions like former employees, why you left them, your skills, and how long you can work for.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I barely was asked anything, they hired everyone in the group. The manager understood that it was our first job so there wasn't really much to ask about past experiences besides normal questions about who we are and what we like to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I got called in for an interview about a week after applying. The person interviewing me asked basic questions. After the interview, he told me that I am one of 5 people he is interviewing today and that he'll reach out to me if he needs me later. He didn't...

Cashier Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager and was asked a few scenario questions. I cannot recall all the questions that were asked nor the answers for them, but it was simple stuff.

Interview Questions

• What to do when you have a line of customers and another customer needs help?   Answer Question