Sears Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.0

449 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

the process took a long time(3 weeks) They didnt make me do a drug test or anything like that so i dont know why it took so long, just did. The interview was really easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call, went in and interviewed with Cashier Manager. Questions were very easy and pretty basic and simple. Why should we hire you, why do you want to work here, give me examples of good customer service, how would you provide that, etc.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The process took 4 days. I did my application online and received an email from an HR recruiter about a hiring event but missed it because i didn't open that email until the day of and it was already over. I was contacted again the next day and he offered to get me an interview confirmed prior the last holiday hiring event.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Went smooth, interviewer was really nice, walked me through the processes and i got the job on the spot, said i had to receive an email to go get the drug test done. Simple and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

after submitting the online app they email quickly asking you to attend an interview in the HR office with the operations manager. The process is very quick and the interview was very easy, not intimidating at all. They mainly ask about how well you handle stress and how you interact with people. you pretty much draw from real life situations.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Called back quickly, asked generic questions, was annoyed to be called in for an interview only for them to tell me I wasn't available as much as they wanted. Basically, my interview was just a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Fremont, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, they asked the basic questions you would expect in an interview. Since I had no experience, the employer thankfully helped me by explaining the programs that Sears offered and what the cashiers were expected to do. I got an email later on the same day that I got a job offer. However, I wish that I recieved a phone call about it since my response was delayed though it's my fault. Although it was four days after the interview, that I didn't give a response, they did still allow me to accept the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you recieved good customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and how you corrected it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Asked question pertaining to the position. Math problems were quizzed. Simple addition and subtraction. It was simple for the most part. There were two individuals asking the questions, a manager and assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• Math questions since the job was for a cashier.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

no one was in the office when I went, I had to wait a very long time before I got attended. Once I did, i was told the position was already full. I didnt even get a chance

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview was easy I was apply for a seasonal position so the manager I was interviewed by just wanted to know when I was available and not a slacker

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure or difficult situations?   1 Answer