Sears Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.0

446 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call, went in and interviewed with Cashier Manager. Questions were very easy and pretty basic and simple. Why should we hire you, why do you want to work here, give me examples of good customer service, how would you provide that, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The process took 4 days. I did my application online and received an email from an HR recruiter about a hiring event but missed it because i didn't open that email until the day of and it was already over. I was contacted again the next day and he offered to get me an interview confirmed prior the last holiday hiring event.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Went smooth, interviewer was really nice, walked me through the processes and i got the job on the spot, said i had to receive an email to go get the drug test done. Simple and easy.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Called back quickly, asked generic questions, was annoyed to be called in for an interview only for them to tell me I wasn't available as much as they wanted. Basically, my interview was just a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Fremont, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, they asked the basic questions you would expect in an interview. Since I had no experience, the employer thankfully helped me by explaining the programs that Sears offered and what the cashiers were expected to do. I got an email later on the same day that I got a job offer. However, I wish that I recieved a phone call about it since my response was delayed though it's my fault. Although it was four days after the interview, that I didn't give a response, they did still allow me to accept the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you recieved good customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and how you corrected it   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

no one was in the office when I went, I had to wait a very long time before I got attended. Once I did, i was told the position was already full. I didnt even get a chance

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview was easy I was apply for a seasonal position so the manager I was interviewed by just wanted to know when I was available and not a slacker

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure or difficult situations?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Pretty good, its really good for the applying it's fast and good, idk about others but it was good overall. Can't wait to interview and see new faces and meet new people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Citrus Heights, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

DO NOT WORK HERE.
    Unprofessional Interview. Group interview. Did icebreaker and got to know everyone. Went into questions about work experiences. Then questions such, "What does Integrity mean to you?" and asks left to right.
    Like, really? I didn't know i applied to a English Class or something.
     Then asks "When was a Stressful time you had to deal with and overcame it?" Asked everyone one at a time from left to right. Everyone was basically just trying to compete with each other. Then last thing was, Role playing. Everyone role played and they barely gave out any explanation about what we were supposed to do. Didn't even try to give us an example about how to sell credit or membership. So the first person that went up, me, had barely any information on what to say or do. So during my role play, the store manager would tell me what I could do and start giving me information that he didn't include earlier, which ruined my chances of getting hired because the next person that went up to do their role play had more information and knowledge on what to do. and that person was also confused which led the store manager to provide more knowledge and information on what to do therefore the next person after that had more knowledge and information. So it went on until the last person, the fifth person. With all the knowledge and information gathered from everyone's mistakes and experience, that last person would have obviously done much more better since he was there to see everyone's role play. So basically of course he knew what to do.
    Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?
      The answer that the store manager gave was, "Integrity is something that can never be taken away from me even if i lost everything. Integrity is always there."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

it was not a long process. I waited more for someone to come in than to take the interview. they asked a few questions and hired me on spot. super easy.

Interview Questions

• what was something i would be bringing to the company   1 Answer