Sears Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was taken into a small room and we basically reviewed most of the information on my resume. They asked about me, like if I have any hobbies or where my family was from.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Aventura, FL).

Interview

The interview process took over two hours. I didn't start my interview until about 30 minutes after the orignal time. I had two interviews, so I had to wait until the lead cashier was available and that took forever since they were under staffed.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

There wasn't really an interview, they just asked me to come in and explained what was expected of me. I had asked for a cashier job but was offered a Sales job, which I was told would be 8.75 an hour. What they didn't tell me was after my training was done, my hourly pay would go down to 4 dollars an hour and commission. Pretty shady if you ask me. It also took maybe two or three weeks to finally be schedule and begin working, but they offered no explanation as to why.

Interview Questions

• They briefly asked about my past employment, but not much else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

I attended their open house and met their recruitor Stephen Fenty. Who told me to apply online and send him an email when I did so. 2 days later he scheduled an interview for me for 3 days later. I answered a couple of questions and was hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Quick and simple questions asked. The people that are in charge are careless anf they let you know your disposable. This job doesn't care about your work hours. This is a very voribf job, it isn't fun or rewarding. No reward for doing all and working hardY all

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a quick decision. They don't care about the hours or the customers at all. They are going out of business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

It took 30 minutes to do. It was short and sweet. You needed to do two interviews. The lady i did it with was very nice. Used a blazer and slacks

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy! I got the job spot on. The manager was super cool and knew it was my first interview so he didn't even both asking me very hard questions. Real quick and fast, he basically told me what his expectations were and talked to me like I was already an employee.

Anonymous Employee in Montbello, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Montbello, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

took about 10 minutes common since questions i only met with one manager credit is the number one thing you have to be good at and interacting with customers handling returns and ringing up customers

Anonymous Employee in Hemet, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Hemet, CA).

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going, asked a couple of questions that were on the paper. The lady was really nice, but didn't give a lot of feeback. Got called back for an interview in two days, and everything went smoothly.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

After completing the application i received an email from the store manager within a few hours to come in for an interview. The interview was supposed to be in 2 parts but i completed both parts of the interview that same day. However the interview did take a few hours due to the fact that they were not completely ready for me. Despite the length of the interview I did not have to wait long for an answer they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• what do you believe is considered bad customer service?   1 Answer