Sears Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.0

431 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

I attended their open house and met their recruitor Stephen Fenty. Who told me to apply online and send him an email when I did so. 2 days later he scheduled an interview for me for 3 days later. I answered a couple of questions and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Quick and simple questions asked. The people that are in charge are careless anf they let you know your disposable. This job doesn't care about your work hours. This is a very voribf job, it isn't fun or rewarding. No reward for doing all and working hardY all

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a quick decision. They don't care about the hours or the customers at all. They are going out of business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

It took 30 minutes to do. It was short and sweet. You needed to do two interviews. The lady i did it with was very nice. Used a blazer and slacks

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy! I got the job spot on. The manager was super cool and knew it was my first interview so he didn't even both asking me very hard questions. Real quick and fast, he basically told me what his expectations were and talked to me like I was already an employee.

Anonymous Employee in Montbello, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Montbello, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

took about 10 minutes common since questions i only met with one manager credit is the number one thing you have to be good at and interacting with customers handling returns and ringing up customers

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Nanuet, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Rather long post-interview until hiring but the actual interview was very proper and business appropriate. I was asked questions that were expected but I didn't feel my answers resonated with my interviewer. The was a lack of professionalism however as I was not directed where to go and ended up having to call for a my interviewer on the loud speaker. But overall very much as expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Canton, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online. About a 2 weeks later I was contacted through email to schedule an interview. I was directed where to go once I got there. I was told to sit and wait. After the cashier manger came in he asked me the questions for the job and was very easy one me considering this was my first interview. He told me he would call me for a second interview with the general manager. He never did called.

Interview Questions

• Name I time you were able to exceed someones expectations?
      Describe a difficult situation you were in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hemet, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Hemet, CA).

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going, asked a couple of questions that were on the paper. The lady was really nice, but didn't give a lot of feeback. Got called back for an interview in two days, and everything went smoothly.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

After completing the application i received an email from the store manager within a few hours to come in for an interview. The interview was supposed to be in 2 parts but i completed both parts of the interview that same day. However the interview did take a few hours due to the fact that they were not completely ready for me. Despite the length of the interview I did not have to wait long for an answer they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• what do you believe is considered bad customer service?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interview was easy, the first interview I had the manager asked the questions on the actual paper, then I was suppose to be interviewed by the store manager but he was busy so i was only interviewed by the one manager, and got the job on the spot, I went in for the orentation about two weeks later and started training two days later.