Sears Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

242 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 weeks later I received a call from HR. After speaking with the recruiting manager, I was invited to go to the headquarters in Hoffman Estates for an in-person interview. It was a 3-hour panel interview in which I met with 4 groups of interviewers back to back from different departments and spoke with a total of 10 people. Overall the interview was casual and I had a chance to speak about my experiences as well as learn more about the company/role. I received an offer 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you foresee in this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with the rest of the group and how you went about it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

There was 5 rounds of interview. The first round was more of a skype interview, with basic coding interview using a open source tool. I was shortlisted and was asked to report for an onsite interview.
    The onsite interview comprised of four rounds. The first round was an interview session with the Senior Director. It was more of a 'tell me about yourself' and 'basic interview questions' related to Java and open source concepts.
    Following that, I had an interview session with Distinguished engineer. It was a different interview experience and the questions were entirely different. More of applied engineering concepts and Mathematics in real-time.
    The third round was a technical interview having questions entirely in core-java to assess the coding approach and thought process. Asked to solve few questions along with explanation.
    The fourth round was also a technical interview without much coding. Involved core Java and few other open source concepts.

Overall, the interview process was to assess how strong the candidate is in basics and how deep is the understanding on OOPS. Few other assessment includes thought process and problem solving approach.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate Lead Time Analysis ?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Referred by an employee and received a link soon to finish a personality test online. Then, about two weeks later, was connected by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with manager. The phone took about 45 min. More like chatting. Then, onsite, which contains four rounds.

Interview Questions

• Most question is about the experience. There is a case interview for onsite. Several basic SQL and Excel questions. Not difficult but should be confident.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

phone interview and asked me a few math questions. It was easy and just calm down you can all figure it out. The person told me about the position and what the individual would do.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Merrillville, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

This was the worest interview I have ever had. It was not even an interview. The manger on duty at the merrillville indiana location showed me to the back and than she checked her phone and than made a call to someone on the work phone (i assumed they needed help) she left without even saying anything to me. After 25 minutes she came back and told me that the position had already been filled. First thing I could think of why know one never called me to tell me to have me come all the way out here. In the middle of talking to me she than begin talking to someone else woth out even saying excuse me or anything . It was super unproductive. She than ask me my availability and I told her , which was the same I put on my application before I got the interview. She said have nothing with that availability. I told her thank you for her time and left. I will never be applying here again . Do not want to work for a company like. Don’t even waste time filling out the long application for no reason.

Human Resources Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day and spoke with the recruiter, the next week I had two phone interviews with managers in the office then I was asked to come into the office and interview. After the interview they said they would call within the next week but took 2+ weeks to call back, even though I had called and asked for an update.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my degree and experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sears (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy. make sure you know about the company and position. use person instances when answering questions. first interview then a online exam. if you pass, yu get a second interview. Hired!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview took 15 minutes and I was hired the next day, asked a bunch of questions about what I was interested in instead of why I was qualified - very intern interview

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the creative side of marketing?   Answer Question

Backroom Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Aurora, IL).

Interview

went in for an interview. interview basically consisted of them informing me of how things ran around there. she asked what my asking pay was, I said I was open to negotiating. then asked what I made at last job, and I told her, which is a bit high for a retail clothing store. she said she would put in a request for an hourly pay less than what I'm used to making. then I was told they will send me an email with an offer than I can say yes or no to. the next day I get a call from her, she basically told me to change the position that I'm applying for, because I originally was applying for stock associate and she convinced me to go for cashier. that way they can send me the offer. I changed it, even though I had to take another assessment. then about 20 minutes later I get an email saying I didn't get the job. what a complete waste of time. I canceled an interview because I was under the assumption that I would get an offer sent.

Senior Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the HR called me and scheduled a direct on-site interview with hiring manager. The interview was very simple. Since I was a new graduate I was asked based on my resume.

Basic behavioral questions like:
    Why Sears?
    Leadership based questions
    Team building questions
    How will you avoid conflicts?
    How would you make a quick decision based on a scenario?

Next they gave a report in Excel to do some analytics. They gave 2 days time to suit the report. It was basic data visualization process based on the questions.

It's pretty simple and easy to handle. I did well but the interviewer suggested that they need an experienced person for this role. Probably that's y I got rejected .on the whole good interview experience.