Sears Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

234 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day and spoke with the recruiter, the next week I had two phone interviews with managers in the office then I was asked to come into the office and interview. After the interview they said they would call within the next week but took 2+ weeks to call back, even though I had called and asked for an update.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my degree and experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sears (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy. make sure you know about the company and position. use person instances when answering questions. first interview then a online exam. if you pass, yu get a second interview. Hired!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview took 15 minutes and I was hired the next day, asked a bunch of questions about what I was interested in instead of why I was qualified - very intern interview

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the creative side of marketing?   Answer Question

Backroom Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Aurora, IL).

Interview

went in for an interview. interview basically consisted of them informing me of how things ran around there. she asked what my asking pay was, I said I was open to negotiating. then asked what I made at last job, and I told her, which is a bit high for a retail clothing store. she said she would put in a request for an hourly pay less than what I'm used to making. then I was told they will send me an email with an offer than I can say yes or no to. the next day I get a call from her, she basically told me to change the position that I'm applying for, because I originally was applying for stock associate and she convinced me to go for cashier. that way they can send me the offer. I changed it, even though I had to take another assessment. then about 20 minutes later I get an email saying I didn't get the job. what a complete waste of time. I canceled an interview because I was under the assumption that I would get an offer sent.

Senior Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the HR called me and scheduled a direct on-site interview with hiring manager. The interview was very simple. Since I was a new graduate I was asked based on my resume.

Basic behavioral questions like:
    Why Sears?
    Leadership based questions
    Team building questions
    How will you avoid conflicts?
    How would you make a quick decision based on a scenario?

Next they gave a report in Excel to do some analytics. They gave 2 days time to suit the report. It was basic data visualization process based on the questions.

It's pretty simple and easy to handle. I did well but the interviewer suggested that they need an experienced person for this role. Probably that's y I got rejected .on the whole good interview experience.

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Apologies in advance for my vague responses. I genuinely like the people I interviewed with on a personal level and do not want to embarrass them. The process was a series of back-to-back individual interviews. This was probably the oddest interview experience I've ever encountered. The interviewers had very little interest in discussing my skills, experience or accomplishments. None of the trendy behavioral interview questions were posed. Questions to evaluate my strategic philosophies were also shelved. The vast majority of questions were word problems and inane brain teasers that had nothing to do with the role. The interview itself was not difficult in the traditional sense, as they were hung up on the intricacies of the brain teasers.

The forward-looking philosophical direction shared with me will not work, thought it was not clear that the interviewers realized it. The direction is being pursued with great vigor since it came down from the top. I was looking for the fire alarm half-way through the second interview. I did not receive an offer and would have declined it if I had.

Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Merrillville, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

they said they would reach out to me 2 days after interview but never heard back just an email from the HR saying they are accepting applications at the sears he just sent me to for the exact same position that I went in for in the first place, makes no sense. also the person who was supposed to interview me didn't, someone else came to take her place because she wasn't in the mood.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

It took a long time for them to respond and then was very brief. They just wanted a phone interview and would not guarantee a specific location as I was looking for something close to home.

Interview Questions

• How much I would be looking for in salary   1 Answer

Community Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The whole process from initial contact with recruiter and the day I got an offer was about 4 weeks. I had a contact form an interview I had there 3 years prior so I reached out to him and he forwarded me to the appropriate recruiter for this particular position.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a unsatisfied cutomer?   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Make sure you pay attention to how the questions are being asked. You may end up interviewing with the demeaning gentlemen, who clearly enjoys belittle others. The interview went wonderful, until my last interviewer came in. I felt talked down to the entire time, when I was more then qualified for the position. There were multiple times I felt the urge to excuse myself from the interview. I stuck it out, but the way I was being spoken to was unnecessary, and uncalled for. In addition, there
    is no reason for three rounds of interviews. After two rounds of interviews one should be able
    to determine if a candidate is qualified for the position, or not qualified for the position.
    The interview was an excessively long process, and takes two or more hours to complete. Several rounds of interviews, with multiple people. Make sure you answer the same way for all the questions
    being asked. You may also be told over and over that the position is entry-level. The last interviewer who continued to repeat that the Assistant Buyer position was entry-level, eventually started to sound insulting.

Interview Questions

• What are you're strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the department you are applying to?   Answer Question
    • What had you heard about Sears in the news recently?   Answer Question
    • Have you been into a Sears recently, if so what did you think?   1 Answer
    • Long drawn out example of what a merchant does versus inventory. You will then be asked, why do you want one over the other?   1 Answer