Sears Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

237 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Gurnee, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Took a week,got a interview,met with front end manager,not the actual store manager as stated in emails.So it was about a half hour,they tell you exactly what is to be expected,and will inadvertently let you know they do not offer raises.

Space Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Rapid fire questions from 4 managers at the same time. The first interview took about 1.5 hours then was taken to the director for the second part and that took about another hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself................   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me after going through my profile on LinkedIn. She asked me if I was interested in the position and after I expressed interest she scheduled a phone screen with the Hiring Manager. The hiring manager asked me about the projects mentioned on my resume and also about my previous work experience and how it was relevant to the current role.

After the phone screen I was invited for on-site interview where I met with 7 people(mostly senior management) who asked me various questions ranging from mini-cases studies to brain teasers. I think they were trying to see if I was a good fit in their organization and also if I had good grasping power or not. The interview seemed mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• They asked my questions about some ongoing problem they were facing at the time.   Answer Question

Dispatch Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Elgin, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I took an assessment after I had a thorough phone interview. I was called in for a face to face interview and was called the next day with the offer.

MBA Senior Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Two round interviews - one on campus and other in the headquarters in Chicago. Intense day of interviews, with case questions and a group case. Interviewers were senior people from the business with a lot of experience in retail. A lot of mini case questions during the 2nd round.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an in person group interview in Hoffman estates. People are kind and offered much information about the company and how the role works. Three interviews in one day followed by a short group leaderless activity. Not too difficult.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Called for a phone interview with in a week after filling online application. General screening questions. Week after phone interview set up with a face to face interview with current store manager. Great conversation about daily duties and what to expect from the position. Following week was set up with interview with DM. More great conversation about my experience and the qualifications of the job. Then called for a interview at their corporate office with a "panel" round of interviews. There was no panel , just a regional vp who didn't seem to want to be there. Asked 3 questions,pre concerned about locations of my previous jobs than my experience.

Interview Questions

• Unbelievably asked if my store made any profit( Sears hasn't made a profit in 7 years!)   1 Answer

Senior Manager Marketing - Paid Search Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Twas horrible experience. I applied online for a basic ppc search role. Got contacted quick. Did a pre-screen call. Then a lunch with two employees. Then calls with a Director, and Vice President. I then was asked to do a call with the CMO, my recruiter said that should be it, and I would hear from the CMO latter that day. (I didn't) A couple days latter I get a call and ask if I can stop drop and roll to drive to Sear's HQ. I did. I interviewed with 5 people. The VP said it should be a quick decision when we met in person, and we didn't really talk about the role, more so the structure. Sears wanted me for a more senior role. This was 2 weeks before Christmas. Ruined my holidays as I didn't hear from them until Jan. All I heard after 3 weeks of silence, was they are doing a re-org and to sit tight. My recruiter left for maternity leave, and I got some new guy. Time went on, and I emailed him a couple times. He never responded. I actually left a voice mail for him, and he never responded. One day, 40 days later, I sent him an email saying I never got reimbursed for my travels. He actually responded and apologized. He for got to put in my request. I asked him for an update, and he said he didn't have one. But, Sears relisted the position. I didn't bother pointing this out to him. A month or so later, again with no communication, I saw the ad again. I applied and the guy emailed me and asked to do a phone screen. I was besides myself. We scheduled a call, and when he called I told him that I was the guy that already did the song and dance, and that left him some messages, without a response. He was nonplussed for a second, and apologized. Stating "this isn't how Sears operates". I told him that he didn't respond, the CMO didn't respond, this has nothing to do with the entity. He then told me the only feed back he got was that they liked me, and wanted to keep me under their wings, while re-opening the position. I didn't even respond with how silly an answer that was. To this day, I still haven't heard any sort of feedback. I still haven't received my check. To be honest, I really wanted this gig. I liked the team. I wouldn't go near this place with a 10 foot pole now though...

Interview Questions

• they asked me if i had experience with kenshoo   1 Answer

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Campus Round 1. Basic face to face. Second on site interview. Second round was all day long. Began with two 1 on 1's with different managers. Had a panel Q&A round. Then was followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Basic Resume overview in Round 1. Presentation and 1 on 1 interviews in round 2.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was hired through grad school. Interview process included basic cultural fit questions. I met with a VP in Corporate Finance. The position was sold as someone that gets to work on important projects (true) and is rewarded for the work performed (false - base pay was good, but bonus potential ended up being zero).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sears?   1 Answer