Sears Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call interview after networking, so the interview was not given by an HR person. Asked my basic information, whether I will need sponsorship in the future, and some screening questions. Told me about the group structure and what I might need to do if I join the team. He was quite satisfied with my answer and then an HR person contact me to do an online assessment and then we settled a date for onsite interview next week.

Interview Questions

• Situational qusstion. An item is on 40% off sale, and this weekend for an additional 30% off, how much discount is that   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then face to face with three managers separately, questions ranged from previous job, technical questions and logical. Interview lasted for about 2 hours. Friendly, hr is not that great

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

How can I describe this interview... well to begin I was approached by a third party recruiter for this position. I was initially hesitant because I think everybody knows the impression of Sears as a company (IT'S DYING). The recruiter pitched me to the UXSears team in downtown Chicago and got me a interview. When it came time for the first interview (week 1), I met with one of the Creative Directors and I told they had two open positions within the UX team, both Digital Designers. I hit it off really well with the Creative Director and was invited for a second interview The Creative Director even changed my view on the company and told me the overall plan to get the company successful again.

For the second interview (week 2), I met various other Creative Directors and other employees from both Digital Designer teams. According to my recruiter and how I feel the interview was going, they really liked my work and my personality (Personality is the key to this whole story...) After interviewing for the second time, I was left in the dark for a couple days until my recruiter told me that someone got the first Digital Designer position, but the second one was mine to have except they just needed a couple more days to figure it out. I was really excited, but held my breath because I've heard this a lot. After a couple more days (week 3), I got a call from another employee from the 3rd party recruiter saying I needed to go for a third interview.

I was under the impression that I met with everybody and they had made their decision. I was kind of pissed because it's been taking way too long, but I still went on the interview. This time, the interview was a test. I had to redesign one the online pages for mobile since I would be a Mobile Digital Designer. When I had to present the test to the various employees that I already met, they seemed to like it and said they would make their decision very quickly. This is when it started to get interesting...

Two more weeks went by without hearing anything. I contacted the third party recruiter and she had nothing to report until one day when I was presented an offer. Getting an offer usually means the whole process of applying is over, but according to Sears thats wrong. Even though I accepted the position, I had to take a personality test and apply to the position AGAIN for corporate records. I was told the personality test wouldn't change anything, but they lied. The test is brand new for the design team and most employees hated the idea of it. Well anyways I took the test honestly and failed it. The test was ill relevant to the position because most of the questions related to their retail employees and not a designer environment.

After I failed the test, they retracted the offer and shut down all commutation between the third party recruiter and the various other employees at the UXSears team. Overall the whole process was really unprofessional and other designers looking for a position at Sears should know this before going into the interview.

Online Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Had to interview with 6 different people and answer the same questions over and over. Some of the interviews were on the phone and some were in person. I didn't get a good sense of what the job would be or what categories I would be managing until after I was hired.

Social Media Moderator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was 2 hours with 4 different interviewees.

Traveled all the way to Chicago and paid for the train to be interviewed for 2 hours. Felt confident about it until NO ONE contacted me afterward. After 2 weeks I emailed both the recruiter and interviewee and NO ONE even responded. They could've at least let me know that a candidate was chosen. So incredibly rude. This company lacks common courtesy. No wonder they are going under. I'm glad I didn't get the job because I wouldn't want to work for such an unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had poor online customer service?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Received e-mail 2 weeks after for 1:1 interview. Walked through the resume and had behavioral questions. Just relax be yourself and also learn about the company's culture. The recruiter and the manger were really nice. The interview last 30 min. I got an offer the following week.

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I was called like a month later. The lady on the phone said I had it on Friday but I was actually scheduled till Monday, The lady who did the interview was nice and interviewed me either way. I did not take the job for personal reasons. I also did not like that it was commissioned based.

Senior Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

i applied through recruiter. interviewed with 5 mangers. lasted 3.5hrs. Questions were redundant. It was very boring after the 2nd person as they all kept asking the same questions. They seemed stressed and in a hurry.

Buyer Apprentice Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

I had applied online. Was contacted to set up a time to have a phone interview. Then was moved forward to the next round. They scheduled a flight to their headquarter office in Hoffman Estates. We were given a tour of the facitlity. Took a written exam. There were 2 rounds of 2:1 interviews and lastly a group project where a panel evaluated how you worked together in a group and fought for more funding for your department.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you observed when you visited our brick and mortar store? Please breakdown your SWAT evaluation.   1 Answer

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, then full-day interview at Sears' headquarters. There was a 1-on-1 interview on campus at my school, then I was asked to interview at their headquarters. They gave us a tour and the day consisted of 3, 30-minute interviews.