Sears Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Michigan City, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Michigan City, IN) in November 2013.

Interview

Its been a year and a half since I was interviewed but I remember it being a very casual process. I submitted my application online, was called in for an interview within a couple days and get hired at the end of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Trying to explain why I would be good in this position even though I didn't have a ton of automotive experience was the most difficult thing for me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Merritt Island, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview and hiring process took place on the first day. Interview with HR rep was quick and easy. She offered me several positions in the store I did not apply for. Second interview took place the same day with department manager. He was dressed in blue jeans and a Harley Davidson shirt. He asked me about my automotive experience. We realized we knew the same people from the industry and he sent me for a drug test. A week later, I started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Lakewood, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the Sales Lead (sort of an assistant manager) and one with the store manager. The questions were all very typical. Like:
    Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult situation
    Tell me about a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations
    Tell me about a time when you turned a negative into a postive

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the pay is what it is.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview questions about working Sundays and holidays about 4 weeks later. 1:1 interview one week later. Group interview that same day. Drug test the next day. Offer made at that time, contingent on background check. Background check took 5 weeks. The five weeks was due to the company doing the background check sending the results to the wrong person. It never made it to HR, to this day one year later it still has not been found! The background check had to be done all over again.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work Sundays?   1 Answer
    • Can you work long hours on your feet in a fast paced environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not able to negotiate, for auto center pay.The full line store maybe different. Unless you are ok with working every Sunday and all major holidays, do not apply.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Wilmington, NC) in September 2007.

Interview

a week after my initial application I was call for an interview, It took just some minutes for the manager to find out that I have a solid automotive parts bacgroud and then I was bilingual. they offer me $5.5 an hour plus commission and I was told that I can make from 15 To 18 an hour. wich is not true the highest I make was about 13.89 and hour wich will be your benefit rate if you do sales a lot like 20000 every two weeks.

Negotiation

there was no negociation you take or leave it. That all they will promess you that you will be making a lot of money but there $20000 sales is about $500. If you on a busy area that can be good if not look for something else

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was quite short and to the point, they game a few behavioural questions and some other hypothetical situations and ask for my respond to that. They call me within a week for a second interview.