Sears Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Take your time and be prepared. Personality and math questions are the most common. Don't lie agree or disagree and Keep things simple but relevant. Business casual is fine just be prepared for several steps in the process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Greensboro, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I took an assessment test online when I filled out the application. I set up an interview and was never called back. Then my interview was finally set. I took another assessment test and was asked interview questions.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

I had interviewed with two different managers. The interview process with each manager lasted about an hour. Each of them had different questions bit both times went pretty smooth. There are so many different departments so that may be why they had different questions.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Mobile, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call and did an online interview about a week later. She invited me in for the second interview the next day. I listened to some calls when I first got there and then she took me to the back to ask questions about the calls and continue the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Mobile, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had the group interview first, I answered like six or seven questions. After that my final interview was some role playing with a manager and listening to a few calls.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to use your listening skills and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Apply on-line and take assessment, called within a week, HR was sick. 2 interviews. 1st over the phone, 2nd in person. Q&A, situation questions. Bkgrd consent and drug test after offer accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Winter Park, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Worst interview process. The questions they ask and the criterias are not relevant For the job. The recruiter really needs to be more humble and never forget the start from 0 in the past.

Interview Questions

• What type of service do you manage?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sears (Des Moines, IA) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview was very relaxed i was already working as a temp and my department was closing so i applied for the position of a waterheater sales and service rep. I had already met the managers who interviiewed me the only reason i am looking elsewhere is because Sears has decided to close the Des Moines call center. I will really miss it as I loved my job.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (San Antonio, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

they roll play with you about how you can deal with angry customers on the phone. They ask you about 10 questions and write down your response. Don't say um or I don't know. Its casual dress pants and shirt will do just fine. They will ask you if you have any experience selling products.

Interview Questions

• If you had a irate customer on the phone how would you take control of the conversation and satisfy the member with out compensation such as a gift card .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

They will ask about 5-8 questions in regards to experiences in dealing with difficult customers and how you were able to solve the issue. They also ask questions in regards to examples of how to handle certain situations in the previous work place.

The entire interview process is about 15-30 minutes with 2 people interviewing you and writing down everything you say (barely any eye-contact). Be sure to dress professionally and always be prepared to ask 1-2 questions in regards to the position that you are wanting.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to achieve in becoming a csr and why? OR What makes great customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Coming in to an entry level position is very easy. Their base rates are basically the same, anywhere from $10-$13 hr for customer service reps.