Sears Electronics Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Bismarck, ND).

Interview

Was brought in front of my dept manager, and was asked general questions: hobbies, goals, where do I see myself in x years, why do I want to work here, etc... Afterwards, had another interview with the store manager who asked a few things about my experience with sales, and toured the building with me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Applied online. Then you receive a call and an interview. I sat 1 on 1 with the store manager. He asked some basic questions. Nothing difficult or out of the norm.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior sales experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

We (about 10 people) came in early morning and sat around all day and waited for interview. Finally, after sitting around in the training for about 4 hours, the manager interviewed 5 people same time during the job career day. After this unusual interview, I sat and waited 4 weeks for back ground check and job acceptance email.

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Texas City, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10-15min early but when i got there i had to wait an extra 15min because my interviewer was on a lunch break. But despite that little mishap my first interviewer was very nice and the questions was very easy. The second interviewer was also a little late but was very easy as well.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was very easy, got called after applying online. Went for 1 face to face interview and was hired on the spot. interview lasted about 30 minutes. Was required to wait until my interview time. Was not allowed to interview before scheduled time even though I was there early.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They were really nice and worked to help me as it was my first job and I was still in high school. The store manager even gave me tips for future interviews before hiring me for the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you've ever had to make in regards to any kind of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sears (Detroit, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I was told that my metrics needed to be significantly raised before I can even be considered for the job. (All of my metrics were positive and at career high).

Interview Questions

• Q: How much would you want a customer to spend $2,000, $1,500, $1,000?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Lake Jackson, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

They work with you on dates to come in for each interview. It is a three step process, where you would speak to the human resources manager, then the ASM of the department you are applying for, and last the store's general manager. The most difficult person to be interviewed by is the ASM, because they are going to be more critical of how you answer questions according to how you would work in that specific department. The only part I wasn't quite happy with was that they make you wait several hours in the waiting room before they actually start the interviewing process, because they plan poorly for each set time on the interviewees. They like it when you are super energetic about the job, and you get extra brownie points if you say you are a Sears loyalty customer as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to buy a product they were reluctant about purchasing?   1 Answer

They offered to put me in mattresses as well, but I declined because I needed the work experience in electronics. Also, they will try to push you towards joining other departments that are in desperate need of associates.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Tucson, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Submit application online, pass unicru personality test by either strongly agreeing or strongly disagreeing, and make sure each answer reflects that you are responsible, do not take risks, view everyone else and the world in a cheerful way. Then you take a video assessment with customer interactions. Make sure you always select the "let's look online together" answer when showing a customer a product. At the interview, just appear to be relaxed, articulate, and pretend you don't intend on having any life outside of work and that you will live, eat, and breathe sears. Just stroke the interviewing manager, tell them what they want to hear, and smile while you do it.

Interview Questions

• Why were you interested in Sears?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. just a couple weeks of waiting before orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Everett, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

I walked into the store dressed somewhat nice and asked if they were hiring. One of the sales people said "let me go ask the store manager" so I waited. The store manager came out and said come with me, he interviewed me and said do you want to start tomorrow and I said "sure".