Sears Hourly Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Hourly Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Chico, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

You apply online at the Sears Careers website. You must complete their assessment. If you score well enough it will schedule you an interview on the spot. The interview is very cut and dry. There are maybe 10 questions, and some seem to repeat themselves. They ask things like "Tell me about a time in a workplace or in school where you faced a difficult challenge. What did you do?" The interviewer writes down a summary of your answers. You will either be interviewed by a second manager on the spot, or called in for a later date. If they choose to hire you, you will get a phone call to schedule orientation (and a drug test if selected).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you faced a difficult problem at a job or in school. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time that you went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. All hourly positions are minimum wage, sales positions have bonus incentives. Some positions offer a base rate (for example $6.00 in CA) plus incentives, with minimum wage making up the difference.