Sears Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

1.8

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sears (Phila, PA).

Interview

The HR department was very professional but when I went for the store interview at the Cottman & Bustleton store, the hiring manager did not seem very professional: he was quite late for the interview and he looked unkempt and the office he interviewed me in was messy looking. He was not prepared for the interview, he had not read my application - nor did he even have my application in front of him. He also seemed rather arrogant. I left there with a very bad impression of Sears.

Interview Questions

• He asked me which position I was applying for and then just said to tell him about myself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied, and within a few minutes, I got a call. I interviewed the next day. They offered me the job less than 3 days later. The interview itself was short and simple. It's nothing to be scared of. It's pretty informal and upfront. It was a painless experience. Just breathe.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous manager/employer/coworkers describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Daytona Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Put in application and was emailed the next day for an interview. I read previous reviews saying how they are always late and thought it must just be those people. No, my interview was scheduled for 3:30 so I got there at 3:15 and told one of the employees that I had an interview at 3:30 so they told me to wait closer to the time and then to knock on a door. So now it's 3:45 and one manager comes around the corner saying she'll have someone else come interview because she needs to eat lunch. So it's 4 and another interviewee got there and was shocked when I told her what time my interview was supposed to be and she ended up leaving because she did not want to wait anymore. I finally get called back around 4:15 (a whole hour after I arrived) and the interview was easy, basic questions like "tell me about yourself", availability, and why I left my past jobs and did and didn't like about them. Then he described the 3 main points of the job that I was applying for. The interview was less than 10 minutes long and received an email the next day saying I was hired and to do the prescreening process (drug test and background check). Needless to say I will not be taking the job because if that's how it was just for an interview I cant imagine how it would be working there. Very disappointing sears.

Interview Questions

Sat for over an hour waiting for my interview and they seem very disorganized

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and was called two days later. It was really easy. He asked basic interview questions and then he liked me and asked his boss to interview me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Coral Springs, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Fast, quick. Make sure do to dress all out because retiail is apostion were there want people who are fun, spontenous, and easy going. Dont come looking like you about to sell bibles, and tense. Also bring a copy of your resume, and learn about the sears credit cards prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• If i was a member aka customer what would you ask me at checkout?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a week after I applied online. I arrived 10 minutes early but they made me wait 30 minutes. They asked me the typical questions about customer service and past experiences. I was interviewed for 15 minutes and was made an offer on the spot. I interviewed with 1 person only.

Interview Questions

The interviewer said that my hours will be based on how many customers I sign up for the sears credit card each week. It can range from 8 hours to 40 hours a week. On the elevator to my interview employees were complaining about their hours being cut.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Basic questions about personal life job experiences, expectations of the job, tour of the company. Was hired on spot because of honesty and forced confidence. Be upfront about past criminal history and explain I had a friend who didn't say anything and my boss said if she would have honestly explained the situation she would have hired her on spot.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears in February 2016.

Interview

This was a joke. They want you to "sell the charge car". If a customer already has a store card have them sign up for the store card with the master card symbol. 1 out of every 10 customers needs to sign up for a card? Joke.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position and not any others?   1 Answer

The manager flat out told me if you can't get 1 out of 10 people to sign up for a charge card and I have to yell at you, don't act like I didn't tell you. Yeah, I don't need that drama.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I got a call from them 2 days after i applied online. So of course i called them back, but guess what? I called them 10 times and not once did they answer the phone. so i went to the store instead to set up an interview. When i went there I was interviewed by the store manager and the whole interview lasted for your 15 mins. The questions were pretty basic, just like any job interview. They asked me about my past job experiences.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a seasonal position. received interview offer and subsequent offer via e-mail. Most of the training and testing was completed at home on a computer. Just be outgoing and you will get the job.

Negotiation