Sears Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Cashier/Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was told to go into the HR office. I was pulled into the Store Manager's office, & the manager asked me a couple of questions. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Casper, WY) in April 2017.

Interview

There were different interviews with two different people on the same day. They were very friendly and at first I thought I wouldn't get the job because I was kind of nervous during the first interview, but I was more calmer during the second interview. It was mainly scenario questions and tell me about a time when... and how you dealt with it questions. They were really big on the credit cards and the SYW program, so my advice would be to do your research and know as much as possible about those programs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What does good customer service look like to you?   Answer Question
    • What was a time that you gave really good customer service?   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did it work out in the end?   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you had to learn something really fast?   Answer Question
    • What is your availabilty?   Answer Question
    • What was a stressful situation that you had to deal with and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • After explaining the credit cards: What did you take away from that explanation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you will be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question
    • What are your expectations in a management team?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sears (Phila, PA).

Interview

The HR department was very professional but when I went for the store interview at the Cottman & Bustleton store, the hiring manager did not seem very professional: he was quite late for the interview and he looked unkempt and the office he interviewed me in was messy looking. He was not prepared for the interview, he had not read my application - nor did he even have my application in front of him. He also seemed rather arrogant. I left there with a very bad impression of Sears.

Interview Questions

• He asked me which position I was applying for and then just said to tell him about myself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied, and within a few minutes, I got a call. I interviewed the next day. They offered me the job less than 3 days later. The interview itself was short and simple. It's nothing to be scared of. It's pretty informal and upfront. It was a painless experience. Just breathe.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous manager/employer/coworkers describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Daytona Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Put in application and was emailed the next day for an interview. I read previous reviews saying how they are always late and thought it must just be those people. No, my interview was scheduled for 3:30 so I got there at 3:15 and told one of the employees that I had an interview at 3:30 so they told me to wait closer to the time and then to knock on a door. So now it's 3:45 and one manager comes around the corner saying she'll have someone else come interview because she needs to eat lunch. So it's 4 and another interviewee got there and was shocked when I told her what time my interview was supposed to be and she ended up leaving because she did not want to wait anymore. I finally get called back around 4:15 (a whole hour after I arrived) and the interview was easy, basic questions like "tell me about yourself", availability, and why I left my past jobs and did and didn't like about them. Then he described the 3 main points of the job that I was applying for. The interview was less than 10 minutes long and received an email the next day saying I was hired and to do the prescreening process (drug test and background check). Needless to say I will not be taking the job because if that's how it was just for an interview I cant imagine how it would be working there. Very disappointing sears.

Interview Questions

Sat for over an hour waiting for my interview and they seem very disorganized

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and was called two days later. It was really easy. He asked basic interview questions and then he liked me and asked his boss to interview me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Coral Springs, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Fast, quick. Make sure do to dress all out because retiail is apostion were there want people who are fun, spontenous, and easy going. Dont come looking like you about to sell bibles, and tense. Also bring a copy of your resume, and learn about the sears credit cards prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• If i was a member aka customer what would you ask me at checkout?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a week after I applied online. I arrived 10 minutes early but they made me wait 30 minutes. They asked me the typical questions about customer service and past experiences. I was interviewed for 15 minutes and was made an offer on the spot. I interviewed with 1 person only.

Interview Questions

The interviewer said that my hours will be based on how many customers I sign up for the sears credit card each week. It can range from 8 hours to 40 hours a week. On the elevator to my interview employees were complaining about their hours being cut.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Basic questions about personal life job experiences, expectations of the job, tour of the company. Was hired on spot because of honesty and forced confidence. Be upfront about past criminal history and explain I had a friend who didn't say anything and my boss said if she would have honestly explained the situation she would have hired her on spot.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears in February 2016.

Interview

This was a joke. They want you to "sell the charge car". If a customer already has a store card have them sign up for the store card with the master card symbol. 1 out of every 10 customers needs to sign up for a card? Joke.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position and not any others?   1 Answer

The manager flat out told me if you can't get 1 out of 10 people to sign up for a charge card and I have to yell at you, don't act like I didn't tell you. Yeah, I don't need that drama.