Sears Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

1.9

Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears in January 2013.

Interview

Easy, hired on the spot, just need to know how to get people to apply for Sears cards and Sears master cards. Have to sign people up for rewards. Worked for Sears before so it was no problem. Easiest interview I ever had

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed.com, got a call the same day, took an online customer service simulator test, however my performance on that test was never brought up during my interview. I was called in for an interview on the very same day a few days later. Interview was held in a very unprofessional office that was the size of a closet with constant interruptions from other people who turned out to be assistant managers. Turns out we were in a small room the size of a walk in closet where people leave their purses and jackets. There was a phone ringing during the entire interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Discussed availability, one month of training pay ($8/hr)

Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears in September 2014.

Interview

Only one interview - they wanted to hire me on the spot. Questions weren't necessarily hard, but that depends on who was interviewing you. Manager who interviewed me seemed laid back & skipped most of the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Erie, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend,applied online, and then passed the online assessment after. Within a few days I received a call for an interview, interviewed with the Hardlines ASM, and got the job. The whole process took less than two weeks. I was then called by the District Trainer to schedule for orientation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked basic interview questions such as: previous experience, scheduling, and etc. I was then asked to sell a pencil.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Peoria, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the department manager. He was very conversational and enjoyable to talk with, but he also stuck to a script of sorts. Most common interview questions were asked: What are your career goals? Why do you want to work for Sears? What do you know about electronics? Where would you like to go to college? He offered me the job on the spot and asked when I could begin training. He also provided an overview of the position, as a whole, and the store, as a whole. Overall, the interview was very boilerplate, but it was good practice, and I learned from it.

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Waterford, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

An exciting 15-minute interview, where the manager recites a printout of scripted questions and then gauges whether your responses match up with the qualities they're looking for. This then transfers into either a second interview with an Assistant Store Manager or the Store Manager; or if you're a terrible candidate, you get the warm smile and don't-call-us-we'll-call-you response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a difficult situation and overcame the odds?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Auburn, AL) in November 2012.

Interview

Posted application, called back that day. Interview with the department manager, interview with the store manager. It took almost a month for my background check to come through, and I needed that job to start sooner, so that was inconvenient.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very brief. Interviewed with two managers and was asked only a couple brief questions confirming my availability and asking if I had any previous sales experience and where I see myself in five years.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Dayton, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Very easy. I applied online. I received a call from a manager wanting me to come in and have an interview. I went to the interview and it lasted 15 minutes. Very basic interview. He went over what's expected from me and the basic functions of my job. That's about it.

Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple Managers, on different days, for different Departments. They basically pick where they see most fit, according to your Interview. Was interviewed by Sales Lead, Assistant Store Manager, and Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What makes you want to work for our company?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Are you able to handle pressure from Customers?
      Tell me what you know about Sears?
      Do you shop here often?