Sears Photographer/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Photographer/Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Green Bay, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

I received a call the day after applying online. After a few questions about the job I found that this is a 90% Sales job and only 10% actual photography. She claimed she was very impressed with my back ground (I do freelance photography in my spare time while a part-time student), however after learning this is mostly a sales position, I lost interest. Pay is strictly minimum with commission and pushy sales/telemarketing is required with meeting monthly goals. After talking a bit more about my personality, she asked me to come in for a formal interview but I declined.

In my opinion (and many others as customers) they should keep sales associates and photographers separate.

Interview Questions

• How much photography experience do you have?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable with cold calling customers to sell appointments and packages?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a very difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Can you meet monthly sales goals?   Answer Question

Misleading position, I am not looking to do mostly sales and be forced to telemarket (one of the most hated marketing tactics by customers in the world).

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Salinas, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. I was called in for an interview two days after I applied online - the downside was that it was scheduled for that day, forty-five minutes from the call. I went, was late because it was out of town (should have been the first sign). Questions involved photography basics, how much you like children, how far you go to connect with customer, etc etc.

Sales-oriented job. And inadequate training. Sorry.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a sales background?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate; starting pay is minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Madison, WI) in October 2009.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview, then a first interview in person. They said there was a second interview but the at the second interview I was already hired and doing paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What is 10% of 90? I just found that kinda funny... they also asked what 50% of 100 was ...   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time that you bent a rule for what you thought was a good reason?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiating.. the wage was "what everyone started at"

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Asheville, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Manager was really nice at first, letting me know everything about the studio, she showed me around and everything, and it seemed like a good place to work for. The questions they will ask you are pretty obvious, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get this job. You don't have to know everything about photography (although it is a plus), because they train you with the camera and all of the poses and everything.

Interview Questions

• It's an easy, no sweat interview. You don't have to be professional at all, considering they train you with the camera/poses/props.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm not too sure how to answer this, because I don't want to sound too negative. This company didn't work out for me. You can read the reviews to see if you will like it or not.

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Not difficult. Spoke with the manager and one other associate. Discussed experience with photography and customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were willing to pay above min. wage.

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interview process was laid back and very enjoyable. Very nice people. Supervisor was kind and asked a lot of questions about me as a person rather than the basic ABC interview questions. Felt like they really got to know me for the better.

Interview Questions

• How long I have been working in the field.   1 Answer

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears in January 2009.

Interview

I applied onling at searsportrait.com for a sales associate/photographer position. I got a phone call the next day and was asked to come in for an interview the following day. I got a return phone call the day after the interview for me to come in and start the hiring process. I was completely happy with the hiring process. Questions were simple! Do you have sales experience, photography experience, how do you deal with customer complaints, How do you handle stressful situations, Whats your availability like?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Zero.... You start at minimum wage no negotiating

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in November 2009.

Interview

Esay and quick interview. The manager was willing to work with my schedule. She was also willing to train new people not familiar with photography

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. The hourly rate was set. I did not recieve benefits.

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in May 2010.

Interview

I interviewed at one location and was hired bu a different studio (same company) after being refered. The person I interviewed with was very confusing. It was a one on one interview. Laid back, but professional environment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiage, if you have experience you start at above min. wage, if not you get min wage

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in August 2011.

Interview

I filled out the application online. I was called in to interview one-on-one with the studio manager. She asked about previous customer service experiences. She also asked why I chose to apply at Sears, and what my experience working with children is. I was hired on the spot, and have to go back to give her my information for the background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They start you at minimum wage, and offer raises upon completing training sessions.