Sears Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Valley Stream, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was decent, i was asked about my availability and about my skills. I did get the job, it was a seasonal position, the company was great.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Sears, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Sears, KS) in January 2018.

Interview

Usually get a interview in a week. I was first contacted by phone and set up an interview with time and day. The interview itself was easy. The interviewer was very nice and gave a great description of what the job entailed. The overall experience of the interview was easy

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call from Human Resources Department the same day I submitted my resume. The interview process was an easy one it was your basic interview. It took about 30 minutes, it wasn't hard. They were having a job fair and hiring events as usual. Because of the high rate of turnovers

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a judgement call on your own about something serious, without contacting your supervisor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Asked basic interview questions. Do you have experience handling money, reliable transportation, availability, etc. then sent me home with a VERY thick packet of paperwork to look over. Must take a drug test before.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The manager really or the person who interviewed me was very attentive and you could tell she was serious about the business. Most of the questions asked were about selling. She also asked if i had any past history in retail or selling items.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever convinced someone into purchasing an item? If so, how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Buena Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online after a week got a call from the district HR for an interview on the store I applied. Walk in 10mins earlier and was interviewed 10 mins later than my original time. It was the rudest of all the interviews I have ever encounter. Not sure wheter the interviewer is texting or interviewing me or multi-tasking.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I was interviewed by the supervisor I believe. Interview lasted about 15 mins and I had to meet with the manager who offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced at work and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a really quick interview since the store was closing at the end of the summer, they just wanted to remind me that it was seasonal and that I can work as much hours as I wanted until the store officially closed down to the public. There was not a lot of questions. I still had to get a drug test before starting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Hicksville, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

it was a regular process: Online interview, phone interview and in-person interview. The most stressful part of the interview was actually the personality and qualitative/aptitude tests which where administered online, after filling out the application

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Lebanon, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Asked mostly personal questions and what I liked to do outside of work and school. What my intentions were for in the future and how long would I like to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• What activities do you do outside of work in your free time?   1 Answer