Sears Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was told to go into the HR office. I was pulled into the Store Manager's office, & the manager asked me a couple of questions. I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Asheboro, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got asked through email when I was available to have a job interview. Went to the store and was directed to the little office. Was interviewed by a single person and was told I'll get emailed an offer later. Also was told they have to do accept a background check and that'll take a few days to process.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work? Daytime or evening? And on weekends?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any previous retail experience?   Answer Question
    • How many hours do you want to work a week? Full time or part time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Torrance, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got interviewed by 2 managers. One after the other and were very kind and straightforward. Took alot of notes. Cashier is a great position for minors. Offered me the job that same day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you helped someone
      What does your availability look like
      Answer Question

Backroom Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Aurora, IL).

Interview

went in for an interview. interview basically consisted of them informing me of how things ran around there. she asked what my asking pay was, I said I was open to negotiating. then asked what I made at last job, and I told her, which is a bit high for a retail clothing store. she said she would put in a request for an hourly pay less than what I'm used to making. then I was told they will send me an email with an offer than I can say yes or no to. the next day I get a call from her, she basically told me to change the position that I'm applying for, because I originally was applying for stock associate and she convinced me to go for cashier. that way they can send me the offer. I changed it, even though I had to take another assessment. then about 20 minutes later I get an email saying I didn't get the job. what a complete waste of time. I canceled an interview because I was under the assumption that I would get an offer sent.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online they answered 3 weeks later and she only asked me two questions and I was hired . Easiest interview ever. They really needed help I guess

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was taken into a small room and we basically reviewed most of the information on my resume. They asked about me, like if I have any hobbies or where my family was from.

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Aventura, FL).

Interview

The interview process took over two hours. I didn't start my interview until about 30 minutes after the orignal time. I had two interviews, so I had to wait until the lead cashier was available and that took forever since they were under staffed.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Casper, WY) in April 2017.

Interview

There were different interviews with two different people on the same day. They were very friendly and at first I thought I wouldn't get the job because I was kind of nervous during the first interview, but I was more calmer during the second interview. It was mainly scenario questions and tell me about a time when... and how you dealt with it questions. They were really big on the credit cards and the SYW program, so my advice would be to do your research and know as much as possible about those programs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What does good customer service look like to you?   Answer Question
    • What was a time that you gave really good customer service?   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did it work out in the end?   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you had to learn something really fast?   Answer Question
    • What is your availabilty?   Answer Question
    • What was a stressful situation that you had to deal with and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • After explaining the credit cards: What did you take away from that explanation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you will be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question
    • What are your expectations in a management team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

There wasn't really an interview, they just asked me to come in and explained what was expected of me. I had asked for a cashier job but was offered a Sales job, which I was told would be 8.75 an hour. What they didn't tell me was after my training was done, my hourly pay would go down to 4 dollars an hour and commission. Pretty shady if you ask me. It also took maybe two or three weeks to finally be schedule and begin working, but they offered no explanation as to why.

Interview Questions

• They briefly asked about my past employment, but not much else.   Answer Question

Cashier Softlines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Asheville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

employee arrived 15 mins late for interview, no one knew I was there in HR, short questions and then hired immediately, but I do not know for how much or how may hours, the HR Corp will email me the job offer. Sloppy procedure, I could take a different job in mean time since I do not know what I am hired for and amount of pay/schedule.