Sears Lead Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Lead Cashier Interview Questions

2.0

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Lead Interview

Interview

There are two interviews and you must undergo a drug screen within 2 days of being offered the job. They hire just about anyone who applies because of the high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to deal with a difficult customer or co worker at a past job.   Answer Question

Cashier Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was called for an interview to talk to the store manager about 3 days after i applied online. i came the next day on time and professionally dressed, and the manager was not even in the store. i waited 20 minutes until somebody finally interviewed me and told me they would call back and never did. Very poorly run store.

Interview Questions

• How did you go out of your way to make a customer happy   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Concord, CA).

Interview

Went in and talked to the HR people and then was sat down for an interview. I was offered the job on the spot, then again so was everyone else who applied.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to take the blame for someone elses mistake?   Answer Question

Cashier Lead Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears in September 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy interview! Smooth no hard questions.common questions related to the position which i was applying for. Went in first interview got a called back the same day to come back and interview w the store manager 25m later he offer me the job :)

Interview Questions

• What type of leader are you ?
      What are your expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy to negotiated because of my experience

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Kennewick, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Assigned interview date after completing the online application. Interviewed with the assistant manager in a very quick approx.twenty minute interview. Reviewed details of the offered position and then answered basic questions about my skills and experience. Hired immediately and provided information pertaining to training schedule and position start day. Given a brief introduction to the store manager.

Interview Questions

• How will your past experiences assist you in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Cedar Park, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

They called me back for a different job

Interview Questions

• Called wanted me for Sales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Edison, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Two interviews for a cashier position is quite ridiculous. I applied online and got a call in about 2 weeks. had first interview with assistant manager. then got another interview with another assistant store manager. then got offered the job.

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

The first step was to complete an application on the computer at Sears. I was directed to go to the computer located just outside the HR department office because I was in a wheelchair. It turned out that computer was not working. I asked where I might find another computer and was directed to go near the tools department to another handicapped access computer. That one also did not work. However, there was another one next to the cashier desk that was operational. The base the computer sat on was not quite low enough for me in my chair, but I made it work for me by stretching to reach the keyboard. This was not exactly a comfortable position for me. I completed the application and was directed to take two tests and passed both. I was then offered an interview.
    The interview was quite extensive and I got a tour of all the areas I would be supervising, upstairs and down. I was asked to come back to interview with the manager. The second interview was even more extensive but the manager told me three or four times that he was quite impressed with my responses. He also explained that unlike myself, most people are reluctant to provide detailed answers to his questions. He further stated that my responses were "dead on right."

Interview Questions

• Give me real example of a situation where you were successful in handling a difficult situation at work that only experience could have provided the solution to the problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Little Rock, AR) in January 2010.

Interview

Told me that they couldnt offer more money, found out two years latter they didnt even try and my replacement got paid 2x more

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking to make   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me bare minimum or no offer

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Florence, AL) in May 2009.

Interview

Wanted to know about supervisory position in the past

Negotiation

easy