Sears Loss Prevention Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.4

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Peabody, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and let me just give you the short answer waste of time. I was contacted to come in for a face to face interview. The interview took place in a small room and there were two people in it, a guy and a female. The female that was conducting the interview was really nice. The guy however just made the whole interview uncomfortable. I left with a bad impression of sears.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a loss prevention associate?

How would you handle theft?

Are you comfortable working in this type of position?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I submitted my application and in about a week was called back. I went through two interviews, one with the loss prevention manager and the other with the store manager the same day and was hired on the spot. I was given a tour around the store and was told my orientation was to be in a week.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had been in a stressful situation and how did you deal with the stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Nanuet, NY).

Interview

Ridiculously long the guy didnt see me until an hour later smh anyways the guy told me they were specifically looking for a female since theres already 5 guys which i didnt like at all and the only reason why there lookin for a female is so they can go into the ladies fitting room like hello isnt that what cashiers do ? I worked in retail and while i was a cashier i checked the fitting room regularly after that it just got awkward because i had a job and i only gave him certain days i could work guess he wanted someone more flexible idk lol and btw its 10 per hr if anyones curious.

Interview Questions

• How long have you done security why sears what made you wanna do loss prevention   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Spokane, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the interviewing team of two for about 1.5 hours. It became clear that they did not have much latitude in formulating questions, or developing a custom conversation about the position. They produced a multi-page (four I believe) questionnaire containing standardized questions to be posed to all Sears applicants regardless of the position to which applying.

Interview Questions

• The questions were creative and complex. One, for instance, asked the interviewee to explain a time when he/she conducted detailed analysis of a situation/problem, presented findings to a decision maker, and the presentation influenced some form of change.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The whole process took about a week and the interview was 30 mins long and they ask a series of questions, some are rephrased but the same question in different wording. They question your background and your previous jobs.Not hard if you have experience, just answer to the best of your ability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I interviewed at Sears (Parma, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Long interview! 90 mins with many of the same questions asked in different ways. The questions are open ended so talk away! Be honest and repeat your answers without change.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick a dream job, what and where would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Tigard, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Got interviewed fro this position and then they said they wanted to go a different direction with me so they made me a cashier. I had three interviews that day and it went from one person to the loss prevention associate and then the store manager. They all asked the same questions and some were just off the top of their head but nonetheless it was pretty easy to awswer and surprise them by refering to their previous awnsers and finding out things they didn't share.

Regional Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Evansville, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Long and they don't get back to you. They interview tons of people the first go around and don't let you know if you went on to next step.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief, interview was very informal and friendly. Each store manager can be different though and you have to be prepared for anything. Experience was fair to good and it all depends on who you interview with.

Interview Questions

• Interview centered around past experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager, then an assistant manager. About a week later a regional manager interviewed me. I was offered the job shortly after the last interview.