Sears MCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.2

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Softlines MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Was emailed for an job came in waited for an good 20min then got interviewed took less then 30min and was offered the job. Only had one interview with the softlines manager, then was giving information for drug testing and orientation.

MCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Lacey, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview then a second one usually same day or next. Conditional job offer depeninf on baxkground and drug test. Drug test within 72 hours. Test results within 24 hours. Then orientation.
    Interviewed Monday, hired same day, tested Wednesday, orientation on friday.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this?   1 Answer
    • How do you plan to learn about products?   1 Answer
    • What are some trends that are common today?   1 Answer

Softlines MCA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was extremely nervious. Sears Holding Company was very prestigious. I thought I had no chance, but I wanted to fight for the job. I worked hard on my Self-Preinterview questions. I was determined to get the job. Besides, I already had a great job, so though nervous, I was confident. I get to the interview, the first thing said to me was relax. I took them up on that offer, but just then, and Ironically, they asked me about 90% of the questions I thought I made up in the preinterview. I got the job and they at first paid me a dollar extra on my asking wages. And, the mca-softlines was a managerial position, I ran the mens section and the entire show department I was on fire.

Interview Questions

• What is or was your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Only asked me 3 questions it was during thanksgiving so they basically hired anybody she only cared about credit and having enough people for the season . I did well so they decided to keep me permanently the interview was laid back I really liked her not a bunch of questions we got right to the point and I was out in 5 minutes

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Store Manager and assistant store manager sit with you and ask basic questions ie what can you contribute to the store , what are qualities about a manager you'd like to embrace and qualities you for sure will not be doing. (I've worked for this company starting as a cashier and then advanced my way to manager so questions might be more inquisitive if you come off the street) dress your absolute best.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to have the separation between friends and coworkers   Answer Question

MCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

So easy that anybody could get hired. They don't drug test anymore because they are desperate for staff. If you're a college student then this place can work with your schedule, but your life will become all about SEARS.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sears (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called by Sears to participate in a group interview. It was held in a briefing room with about 5 other people and was held by the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a unruly customer.   Answer Question

Sales Apparel, Was Offered MCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied to be a Sales Apparel Associate & was called the same day for an interview. They changed my interview time & was interviewed for a different position, Merchandising and Customer Assistance (MCA). I was asked about 5-10 questions for the position. Pay varies depending on location, was given minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Antioch, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

i applied online through snagajob a day later i got a call and was told to talk to one of the managers. when i arrived i knocked on the door for 10 minutes no one showed up, as soon as i was about to leave one of the managers came and told me to wait a few more minutes while she sets up her office. the interview was the basic questions easy but really rhetorical

Softlines Mca Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Marlborough, MA).

Interview

One on One with the manager for the department you are applying for. Kind of quiet. Talk about availabilty and ask when you can work. Then begin talking about the pay. Next they talk about the job ask how you feel you would make a good fit to this company. For cashiers ask them to sell an object because credit is pretyy important

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you gave good customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation