Sears Receiving Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Receiving Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.2

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sears in December 2014.

Interview

Applyed in January, got a call around May to set up an interview. Interviewed with the assistant store manager, then got called by the receiving manager and was offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Exton, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call inviting me for an interview. I first met with the HR representative who asked me a series of question, largely revolving around my schedule and whether I would be able to work weekends, holidays, etc. Following this interview which lasted approximately half an hour, I met with the receiving manager. This interview lasted another half an hour and was centered more on getting to know me personally. He asked where I was from, what I liked to do, previous job experience, life goals.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been faced with an ethical dilemma at work? How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Interview

applied online, came in talked to two managers and the backroom lead

Negotiation

negotiation? im at 7.25 after 2 years. there is no negotiation

Receiving Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The process was rather easy, they seemed desperate to find individuals that were willing to work for them on second or third shift. They asked very basic questions about previous warehouse jobs and if you had at least 4 to 5 years of experience they put you on a fast track to being hired.

Interview Questions

• If you have done distribution in a large box then all questions were easy.   Answer Question

Interview

They hiring process is a very smooth process that is not that difficult at all it is usually seperated into two interviews. One will be with a particular department manager and then another one will be with another manager andf they will give you a tour of the store and all the areas.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult question   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Morrow, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied to sears originally for cashier position online not too bad there were 65 questions on there but pretty quick short questions and got called the next day offering a receiving associates position and I agreed to it after they briefly described to me what they do. That same week on a Friday I had the interview first with the receiving sales lead and then I thought I was done but he had told me he enjoyed listening to my responses and that he was going to see if his supervisor approved of me .....then his supervisor interviewed me minutes later lol but both interviewers were fair and were friendly except for the first one lol but I guess cuss the supervisor was only working there for six months as he told me in the interview.

Interview Questions

• the 2nd interviewer had the hardest questions but only hard if you had no experience .....like discuss a time you had to deal with a irritated customer and how did you handle it ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

my offer was just 7.25 hr no negotiation ...only 25 cents less then what I was making at mcdonalds so wasn't really a big deal to me only about 9 dollars less a week then what I use to make at mcdonalds so ......

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Two interviews back to back, professional, hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• They have a script of questions that HR often will ask at many companies, just company policy I thought   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I just had to start at what they asked

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Westminster, CA).

Interview

I got interviewed during hiring season for Black Friday, so they needed the extra help. That's probably why I felt the interview was very rushed and throughout the whole thing, I had a good feeling they were already going to hire me. They asked more than once if I was able to work on Black Friday, so I assume that's what they needed workers for. I got hired as a seasonal worker.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you received very good customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online, passed the assessment and was able to automatically schedule for an interview. I recommend calling 24 hrs before your interview to make sure they've got you on file, because they didn't at first when I got there, but they managed to check the site for my application. Anyways, it's a 2 interview process. Both have some sort of template for questions. Both managers were super cool and friendly to interview with. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and were held accountable for it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about two goals that you accomplished that other people set for you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • What do you expect of your manager?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenge you had and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they start out at minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Bowling Green, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

This has changed since I was hired there they now have a three step interview process. Where it was just a one step when I started.

Interview Questions

• Management hires who they want not who's best for the job.   Answer Question

Pay wasn't enuff.