Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,604 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Friendly and knowledgeable. They made me feel comfortable and they were down to earth. I went in thinking they would be uptight and rude like all my other interviews but they were nice.

Softlines Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Dover, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

It was extremely smooth. Called by the recruiter on Thursday, set up an interview on Tuesday. Was called my the district manager the same day. Lastly was made an offer on Friday.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Merrillville, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

This was the worest interview I have ever had. It was not even an interview. The manger on duty at the merrillville indiana location showed me to the back and than she checked her phone and than made a call to someone on the work phone (i assumed they needed help) she left without even saying anything to me. After 25 minutes she came back and told me that the position had already been filled. First thing I could think of why know one never called me to tell me to have me come all the way out here. In the middle of talking to me she than begin talking to someone else woth out even saying excuse me or anything . It was super unproductive. She than ask me my availability and I told her , which was the same I put on my application before I got the interview. She said have nothing with that availability. I told her thank you for her time and left. I will never be applying here again . Do not want to work for a company like. Don’t even waste time filling out the long application for no reason.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Fremont, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, they asked the basic questions you would expect in an interview. Since I had no experience, the employer thankfully helped me by explaining the programs that Sears offered and what the cashiers were expected to do. I got an email later on the same day that I got a job offer. However, I wish that I recieved a phone call about it since my response was delayed though it's my fault. Although it was four days after the interview, that I didn't give a response, they did still allow me to accept the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you recieved good customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and how you corrected it   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on indeed. Then I had to do a 30 minute application. Then my email was spammed by hiring managers. I eventually emailed a manager because my application was declined because I no showed an old K Mart job when I was 18 (7 years ago). I was just told to reapply.

Not worth it. Why are they hiring? Aren't they going out of business?

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Roseville, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was told the wrong place to go for the interview, the interviewer was 15 minutes late, and basically pointed out the things that were bad but was it something I'd be willing to consider

Interview Questions

• If I'd be willing to work the register and sell the client on a credit card for $2 per client after the first 10.   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interview, all about technical skills and some behavioral questions; plus final round skype interview, final interview includes 4 people in the team. people are very nice and the process is very fluent.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Phone interview of thirty minutes with two teams each. One interview was highly technical and focussed on optimization questions. The other was with the operations team and was about my previous experience

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

no one was in the office when I went, I had to wait a very long time before I got attended. Once I did, i was told the position was already full. I didnt even get a chance

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Bismarck, ND).

Interview

Was brought in front of my dept manager, and was asked general questions: hobbies, goals, where do I see myself in x years, why do I want to work here, etc... Afterwards, had another interview with the store manager who asked a few things about my experience with sales, and toured the building with me.