Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017
2,419 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview and I decided to call back. While waiting to call back I asked the lady to pull up my resume. 1) She couldn't find it even though I spelled my name to her 2) When I asked her the regarding policy for the drug testing (Not mentioned in the application when I applied) I asked her what Sears policy was on drugs and if they handled their drug testing at a federal or state level. She scoffed at me. Literally laughed over the phone like I was joking and I felt pretty perplexed at such a response. At her response before she even bothered talking again I felt pretty disinterested in her lack of professionalism at the question. I told her I didn't want to pursue to follow the screening into the group interview they had coming up afterwards.

I felt like it could have gone better, but I believe Sears should take some time to teach their employees to be more professional. Even had I not been using a Medical card or not, the level of professionalism was sub-par to poor. Not impressed.

Home Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Pineville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a very short interview. Basic questions about electronics and troubleshooting..asked if I know ohms law. Then basically talked about training and salary, etc. He asked if I had any questions. Was very easy. The environment was weird though

Softlines Support Lead Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Got an email from a Sears recruiter with links for available positions and to email back after I've submitted the aplication
    Applied online including an assesment which took quite some time and had notified the recruiter about my application. He obviously did not realise that I have a job and that I am not available during the times he would call leaving me a message to call back. When I would call back, I would always get his voicemail. I asked him severeal times to send me an email with questions he might have for me but he kept on returning my calls at the wrong times instead of shedule a time for a phone interview. Very unprofessional attitude.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

When I applied 5 years ago it was a different set up from what it is today. Now days you deal with a market recruiter with no Human Resources in the store. One interview will be with your direct manager and the second will be with the store manager. Overall process can be lengthy, especially if you've moved a lot, then the background check can take a while.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caguas, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Caguas, PR).

Interview

They ask you about the things that you can bring to the company. How do you work in group. The interview is very professional and organized. The process is not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for this company?   1 Answer

Cashier Softlines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Asheville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

employee arrived 15 mins late for interview, no one knew I was there in HR, short questions and then hired immediately, but I do not know for how much or how may hours, the HR Corp will email me the job offer. Sloppy procedure, I could take a different job in mean time since I do not know what I am hired for and amount of pay/schedule.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Bloomington, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Just one 30 minute interview at my university's campus. We ended up going over the time talking about different database systems, my experiences, and why I chose my major. It was a typical interview with some math questions.

Interview Questions

• If you went into an ice cream shop and they had 31 flavors, how many different combinations of 3 scoops could you get?   Answer Question

Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Merrillville, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

they said they would reach out to me 2 days after interview but never heard back just an email from the HR saying they are accepting applications at the sears he just sent me to for the exact same position that I went in for in the first place, makes no sense. also the person who was supposed to interview me didn't, someone else came to take her place because she wasn't in the mood.

OUTSIDE SALES - Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Applied online and talked with a recruiter over the phone. The recruiter was very unprofessional and was more concerned with other companies I was interviewing with and what they were offering me rather than highlighting any points about Sears. The whole conversation was very awkward and overall made me feel it was necessary to cancel my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing with any other companies? How many? And are they offering you a base salary?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

I attended their open house and met their recruitor Stephen Fenty. Who told me to apply online and send him an email when I did so. 2 days later he scheduled an interview for me for 3 days later. I answered a couple of questions and was hired on the spot.