Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,530 Interview Reviews

2.3

Backroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

The interview process is simple. They ask basic interview questions about your experience with customer service, working as a team, etc. I recommend that you prepare questions to ask the interviewer about the job as it shows true interest in the job and you would also know what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when a colleague needed assistance working on a project and how did you assist them without neglecting your job duties.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Citrus Heights, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

DO NOT WORK HERE.
    Unprofessional Interview. Group interview. Did icebreaker and got to know everyone. Went into questions about work experiences. Then questions such, "What does Integrity mean to you?" and asks left to right.
    Like, really? I didn't know i applied to a English Class or something.
     Then asks "When was a Stressful time you had to deal with and overcame it?" Asked everyone one at a time from left to right. Everyone was basically just trying to compete with each other. Then last thing was, Role playing. Everyone role played and they barely gave out any explanation about what we were supposed to do. Didn't even try to give us an example about how to sell credit or membership. So the first person that went up, me, had barely any information on what to say or do. So during my role play, the store manager would tell me what I could do and start giving me information that he didn't include earlier, which ruined my chances of getting hired because the next person that went up to do their role play had more information and knowledge on what to do. and that person was also confused which led the store manager to provide more knowledge and information on what to do therefore the next person after that had more knowledge and information. So it went on until the last person, the fifth person. With all the knowledge and information gathered from everyone's mistakes and experience, that last person would have obviously done much more better since he was there to see everyone's role play. So basically of course he knew what to do.
    Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?
      The answer that the store manager gave was, "Integrity is something that can never be taken away from me even if i lost everything. Integrity is always there."   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sears (Chehalis, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very friendly. Asked me about my self then went over the job duties, sales pitches, hourly pay and other job related things. Interview was about 30 minutes long. Hired me on the spot.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very easy but they took awhile to get to me. I spent 20 minutes waiting to be called in. They did get back to me fairly quickly but I had to do a drug test and background test which took awhile.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you expect in a manager   Answer Question
    • Q: What is your favorite retail store to shop at and why   Answer Question
    • Q: What was the best customer experience you ever received as a shopper   Answer Question
    • Q: When was an instance when you went out of your way to help a fellow employee with his/her task   Answer Question

Soft Lines Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Madison, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

Very smooth, very friendly people who enjoy what they do and it showed during the process. Had a nice walking tour of the store. Seemed lik a friendly and good place to work. Will follow for future openings.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult experience, and what could I have done differently. Also, questions about problem solving and conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Human Resources Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day and spoke with the recruiter, the next week I had two phone interviews with managers in the office then I was asked to come into the office and interview. After the interview they said they would call within the next week but took 2+ weeks to call back, even though I had called and asked for an update.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my degree and experience   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I initially applied over Indeed.com and was given a call back within a few days. When I arrived, I was taken into a small back-room in a hallway behind their breakroom with the hiring manager. She sat me down and asked me about my availability and experience with power tools. Once we got past those questions, she led me outside onto the sales floor to give me a tour and showed me the different types of power tools that I would be selling. Part of the interview was that I had to pretend to sell a power drill to her using some key sales points she'd instructed me to use earlier. I felt it was a bit forced considering I was applying for a sales position at the mall. In any case, I understood it was necessary to see if I could sell power tools (I'm a 5'2" girl). Unbeknownst to her, I'd worked in manufacturing for several years and was able to comfortably handle the "faux sales pitch". Afterwards when I successfully finished that portion of the interview, she led me back into the hallway room and offered me the position at minimum wage. I told her that with my prior manufacturing and managerial experience, I was expecting to negotiate at a higher rate but she was utterly firm and took on a tone that suggested she didn't believe I was telling the truth.

All in all, I felt like the interview process was incredibly extensive and over-drawn for a position that only firmly offers minimum wage with zero benefits and with the expectation to work overtime. I ended up turning down the job offer and went to work elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was told to go into the HR office. I was pulled into the Store Manager's office, & the manager asked me a couple of questions. I was hired on the spot.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benbrook, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Benbrook, TX).

Interview

I did the online assessment, which was the longest I've ever had to do, and submitted my application. I got a call a few days later asking for an interview. Once I got there I ended up waiting in the back office for at least 30 minutes before anyone even said anything to be. When they finally started to interview me it turned out that I had to be 18 years of age or older, I was 17. My interviewer was rude and made it out that it was my fault, that the application wouldn't have allowed that and she didn't know how I did the application. Nowhere on the application did it say I had to be 18 and all information I could find at that time said minimum age was 16. I found other stores and interview processes to be much nicer and informative.

Auto Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Middletown, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy walked in talked to the manager got the job gave a tour of the facilities take me to HR filled out paperwork got the job started work the next day

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do they have where did I work before   1 Answer