Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,399 Interview Reviews

2.3

Home Appliances Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Omaha, NE) in January 2017.

Interview

A week after applying for the job, I recieved an email from the HR offering me an interview at the store which I had applied to. I met with the store manager, was taken back to his office where we sat down and talked for an hour or so. He told me about how he got to where he is and what his expectations were of his employees.

Interview Questions

• It was a very easy informal interview. We both talked about our pasts and experiences. Just normal questions about expectations, previous job experiences and why I wanted this job.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy! I got the job spot on. The manager was super cool and knew it was my first interview so he didn't even both asking me very hard questions. Real quick and fast, he basically told me what his expectations were and talked to me like I was already an employee.

Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Bismarck, ND) in January 2017.

Interview

It was to the point and he know the next thing he want to talk about. He started by telling me what the position was about and what they would do. He made sure he explained things that he though would be confusing

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montbello, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Montbello, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

took about 10 minutes common since questions i only met with one manager credit is the number one thing you have to be good at and interacting with customers handling returns and ringing up customers

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Woonsocket, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday night, got emailed Wednesday to set up the appointment. She asked me what days/times I was available, and I told her I was available Friday and Monday at 11 AM. She emailed me back saying that my appointment was scheduled Friday at 1 PM. Side note, everyone I spoke to on my way to the office was super nice from the sales associate who brought me to the office and the two managers that I met while I was there. Found out while I was there that I had been told the wrong time for my appointment - she had scheduled it for the time I had put down, 11 AM, not 1 PM as she had told me. This wasn't a problem, they managed to fit me in. The interview started with the gentleman telling me that the store would be closing in about two months (which I knew already going in), and then informed me that they weren't looking to hire for Office Assistants, what they really needed was cashiers. I politely declined - I am currently not looking to get back into retail proper in that way. Overall, a positive experience despite the setbacks. I wish they wouldn't have an ad up for a position they aren't looking to fill, however.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work as a cashier as opposed to the office assistant position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in January 2017.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with the senior manager. It was purely technical, I was asked questions about time complexities, OOPS concepts and two design questions. It was more like a discussion. Next It was a 5 rounds of skype interview with 5 different people moslty Sr.Software engineers and architects. Mainly asked about my previous work experience and Java related questions, One simple coding question where I had a code in collab edit.

Interview Questions

• First round was difficult compared to the remaining. Design questions like how will you design a traffic signal system.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Greensboro, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I took an assessment test online when I filled out the application. I set up an interview and was never called back. Then my interview was finally set. I took another assessment test and was asked interview questions.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Community Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The whole process from initial contact with recruiter and the day I got an offer was about 4 weeks. I had a contact form an interview I had there 3 years prior so I reached out to him and he forwarded me to the appropriate recruiter for this particular position.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a unsatisfied cutomer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Brief and straight to the point questions. One in person interview. Also, there was role playing involved to test if you could be a salesman. The interviewer made me sell him a pen. Wasn't easy but he thought I did good!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

I had interviewed with two different managers. The interview process with each manager lasted about an hour. Each of them had different questions bit both times went pretty smooth. There are so many different departments so that may be why they had different questions.