Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017
2,581 Interview Reviews

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The process took a few weeks. The interview took about 30 minutes HR phone interview. Then technical interview for basic Java , sql, Software Development Life Cycle , work experience,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

After applying, I received an email 3 days later regarding scheduling an interview at the store. Two days later, I received a call saying I was hired and was immediatley emailed paperwork to fill out electronically.

Interview Questions

• What does Customer Service mean to you?   1 Answer

Backroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

The interview process is simple. They ask basic interview questions about your experience with customer service, working as a team, etc. I recommend that you prepare questions to ask the interviewer about the job as it shows true interest in the job and you would also know what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when a colleague needed assistance working on a project and how did you assist them without neglecting your job duties.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process was easy and quick but it took some time to get called and to
    set up the interview dates. There was only one in-person interview and consisted of meeting the director, supervisor and co-workers and taking a translation test.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Pretty good, its really good for the applying it's fast and good, idk about others but it was good overall. Can't wait to interview and see new faces and meet new people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Citrus Heights, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

DO NOT WORK HERE.
    Unprofessional Interview. Group interview. Did icebreaker and got to know everyone. Went into questions about work experiences. Then questions such, "What does Integrity mean to you?" and asks left to right.
    Like, really? I didn't know i applied to a English Class or something.
     Then asks "When was a Stressful time you had to deal with and overcame it?" Asked everyone one at a time from left to right. Everyone was basically just trying to compete with each other. Then last thing was, Role playing. Everyone role played and they barely gave out any explanation about what we were supposed to do. Didn't even try to give us an example about how to sell credit or membership. So the first person that went up, me, had barely any information on what to say or do. So during my role play, the store manager would tell me what I could do and start giving me information that he didn't include earlier, which ruined my chances of getting hired because the next person that went up to do their role play had more information and knowledge on what to do. and that person was also confused which led the store manager to provide more knowledge and information on what to do therefore the next person after that had more knowledge and information. So it went on until the last person, the fifth person. With all the knowledge and information gathered from everyone's mistakes and experience, that last person would have obviously done much more better since he was there to see everyone's role play. So basically of course he knew what to do.
    Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?
      The answer that the store manager gave was, "Integrity is something that can never be taken away from me even if i lost everything. Integrity is always there."   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sears (Chehalis, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very friendly. Asked me about my self then went over the job duties, sales pitches, hourly pay and other job related things. Interview was about 30 minutes long. Hired me on the spot.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very easy but they took awhile to get to me. I spent 20 minutes waiting to be called in. They did get back to me fairly quickly but I had to do a drug test and background test which took awhile.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you expect in a manager   Answer Question
    • Q: What is your favorite retail store to shop at and why   Answer Question
    • Q: What was the best customer experience you ever received as a shopper   Answer Question
    • Q: When was an instance when you went out of your way to help a fellow employee with his/her task   Answer Question

Soft Lines Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Madison, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

Very smooth, very friendly people who enjoy what they do and it showed during the process. Had a nice walking tour of the store. Seemed lik a friendly and good place to work. Will follow for future openings.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult experience, and what could I have done differently. Also, questions about problem solving and conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

it was not a long process. I waited more for someone to come in than to take the interview. they asked a few questions and hired me on spot. super easy.

Interview Questions

• what was something i would be bringing to the company   1 Answer